"Watch out world here I come!" Robin922's Profile

Why?

When I was a little girl, my mother and I would go to the travel agent's office and look at brochures. Each time I would hear, maybe next year.

Thirty years later, "next year came", and I started seeing the world!

Traveling is one of the best educational experiences one can have. I'm constantly amazed, by the world. With TV, movies, books and the internet you would think that you could learn all about a place, but none of it compares to truly seeing it first hand.

Also it gives a person the chance to step out of their own little space and look in. Sometimes what you see is good, sometimes not, but will defiantly give a different perspective of things.

While I'll be giving tips for different places there is one tip that works, no matter where you go... Don't forget to pack your sense of humor! You never know when the window washer drop in, while you have your first cup of coffee.

Now hang in there, I have about 1000 photos, and tons of stuff to sort. This humble little page will be growing shortly!

The United States

A person could travel decades in the U.S. and not see everything. Most any type of terrain, climate and culture can be found here.
Weather it’s sitting high in the Rocky Mountains enjoying the fresh crisp air or sunning on the hot Florida beach there is something for everyone.
The people are just as diverse, basically if you took people from every country on the planet and tossed them together, you would have the United States.

Costa Rica

Heading south to Central America you will find Costa Rica. This is one of those neat little countries that most people have heard of, but never been to. That is changing the word is out, about what a nice place this is. While hotels, resorts and such are on the rise, and you don’t have to look far to find the golden arches, there is some good news. Almost 30% of the county is protected lands.

The Caribbean

Now lets go a bit east, here you can find many Caribbean islands. Each with it’s own interesting history and unique culture. Americans have a reputation of traveling one country per day. It was never a truer statement than in this part of the world. Yes even I’m guilty of being a cruse ship junkie.
One of the many great things about taking a cruse, is that it’s like having a sampler. You get a small taste of many different places. Then you know which ones you would like to go back and spend some real time at.

Europe

While some folks take a ship, most of us fly to Europe. Visiting the ‘old world’ is truly fascinating. To see buildings that are older than you county, defiantly gives you a new perspective. As you spend time, here you start to see where many of the American cultures and traditions came from. Here you can travel from country to country, just like diving from one state to the other.

While we have our own version of most anything here, there is nothing like experiencing the real thing. You can raise tulips, you can even build a windmill, but it will match the ones in the Netherlands. For the beer drinkers out there, Germany can do beer! ;-)

Asia

Let’s now go even further east and good bit south. Asia is yet another interesting part of the world. Many people didn’t even know that much about the countries here until the disaster last December. If a person said ‘Asia’ it was common for the mental picture to be of someone from either Japan or China. Of course there are many other countries and cultures here!

I must admit, of all of travels this is the one that gave me a good dose of culture shock.
While the landscape reminded me much of Central America, that was the only thing that I could relate to quickly. However it only took a few weeks to get the feel of the land. Once you get past the first layer of differences, it opens a whole new opportunity to experience new things.

If I’ve learned nothing else from my travels, I’ve learned that most people are very much the same. We work, try to provide the best for our families, and if we are lucky we get to have some fun along the way.

• Intro Updated May 26, 2005

• toemayn's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2013 at 5:11 AM

Hope your birthday is filled with all the fun you can handle!

• DaHongHua's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2012 at 7:22 AM

A warm happy birthday greeting from Malaysia. Glad you have been to Malaysia, nice Malaysia pages. Wish your days are full of joys and happiness. Keep travelling interest and more sharing on VT. Cheers.

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Sep 20, 2012 at 10:09 PM

Happy Birthday. PJ

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Your Robin caught my eye, we used to have Robin Red Breast in the garden. Then I read your home page and had to agree on lots. We like Cruises too, only I come home heavier than when I left!

• mindcrime's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2008 at 2:59 AM

I always return to a city I like a lot. Lets see your tips about Athens now :) take care, k.

• a5floor's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2008 at 2:29 AM

Hi Robin, it was nice to meet you at the NYC meeting.

• pcg821's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2008 at 7:55 AM

Nice to meet you Robin,I enjoy viewing your photos

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2007 at 4:11 PM

wow, you are well travelled. :-)

• pieter_jan_v's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2006 at 7:02 AM

Your pages are improving. I will explore. Greetings from Holland. PJ

• Martman's Profile Photo
    Aug 24, 2005 at 4:19 PM

You must know Bill Clinton

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Robin922's Profile Photo

Robin922

“Always pack your sence of humor!”

Location