"Batad:Place to go to walk along the Rice Terraces" Batad by arni_ph075
Batad Travel Guide: 66 reviews and 173 photos
Simply standing on the middle of the rice terraces is an awesome experience...
Hiking to Batad for me is the essence of going to Banaue to visit the rice terraces.
Its an hour away from Banaue but totally different sorrounding, local village, rice paddies that reaches the top of the mountains.. Tapiya Falls...
The photo here, winding road to Junction is taken from our first pit stop on way to the saddle from Batad Junction.
The saddle is a perfect viewpoint of the village of Batad, and to see what is enstore for you.. long downhill walk thru the mountains.
During summer, if you rent a jeep it could reach this point, great, as you save the uphill hike from junction to the saddle.
At the saddle too, you will see the green post (poster) reflecting Batad Rice Terraces being included on UNESCO World Heritage Heritage List as a Living Cultural Landscape.
- Pros:its isolation (no cars or jeeps), beautiful green landscape,
- Cons:no electicity
- In a nutshell:World Heritage Site
Its a must that you walk on the rice terraces, its really an amazing experience, and also dangerous as the paddies are... more travel advice
Upon reaching the Batad Tourist Kiosk, you will see this magnificent view of rice terraces. Its shaped like an... more travel advice
arni_ph075's Related Pages
Batad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "World Heritage - Batad Rice Terraces"
- "Land of the Rice Terrace!"
- "Batad Village and the Tappiya Falls"
- "A Remarkable Journey to Batad"
- "steps to heaven"
- "Batad:Place to go to walk along the Rice Terraces"
- "Beauty is Batad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Batad
- Hotels in Batad
- Transportation in Batad
- Restaurants in Batad
- Warnings and Dangers in Batad
- See All...
Explore the World
- Giv`at Olga
- Lake Waramaug State Park Hotels
- Ko Phaluai
- Point Nipigon Hotels
- Bighorn Canyon National Recreation Area Hotels
- Wells Hotels
- La Rochelle
- Providenciales Island Hotels
- Sorsogon Hotels
- Providenciales Island
- Campobello di Licata
Badges & Stats in Batad
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Batad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Batad
Photos in BatadSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Ubud Intro, 18 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bagan Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Tagaytay City Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Davao City Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banawe Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos