"Enchanting Coron Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island by arni_ph075
Coron Island Travel Guide: 119 reviews and 495 photos
Coron Island is postcard perfect, one of the most scenic location in the country. Stunning vertical limestone cliffs dropping directly into the ocean in beautiful lagoons.
A steep wedge shaped limestone island, 30 minutes boat ride from Coron town. The island belongs to the municipality of Coron, and is one of the three main island of Calamianes Group in Northern Palawan. Approximately 200 kilometers from Manila and 200 kilometers as well from Puerto Princesa capital of Palawan.
Coron Island is a protected area declared as a tourist zone and marine reserve by the Philippine government. It is recognized as an ancestral domain of the Tagbanua's. Tagbanua's are the main settlers on the island , one of the indigenous people of Palawan. Tagbanua's or "people from the inland area".
The island is well known for its seven enchanting lakes, lakes are considered sacred cultural sites of the Tagbanua's. The location of the 5 lakes are not known to all and non Tagbanua's cannot enter.
The Tagbanua's open the two lakes to the public, Kayangan Lake multi awarded as the cleanest lake in the Philippines, and Barracuda Lake, open for divers and snorklers only.
The island also have narrow pristine white beaches, twin lagoons and endemic flora and fauna. There are endemic birds as well and local Tagbanua's collect its bird's nest on the limestone's, the fluid used on yummy Chinese Bird's Nest Soup.
Best season to visit: Dry season December to May
Going there :
1. Seair (www.flyseair)
Two daily flights to Busuanga, one hour travel time and the plane is 19 seater.
2. Asian Spirit
One daily flight to Busuanga, one hour travel time and the plane is 19seater.
1. WG&A Superferry (www.wgasuperferry.com)
The "Superferry One" departs Manila every Friday at 9PM and arrives at Coron 7AM. On its return journey it departs Coron at 8PM Sunday and arrives at Manila 6AM Monday.
Coron island is also known as "Calis Mountain" is the largest limestone formation on record. There are a number of... more travel advice
Crystal clear water, powdery white sand, limestone rocks...Truly beautiful. This is an uninhabited beach managed by... more travel advice
arni_ph075's Related Pages
Coron Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Enchanting Coron Island"
- "Coron Birthday Blast"
- ""Coron Palawan, a dream Come True...""
- "Coron kambak kambak"
- "Coron Island"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Coron Island
- Hotels in Coron Island
- Transportation in Coron Island
- Nightlife in Coron Island
- Restaurants in Coron Island
- Shopping in Coron Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Coron Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Coron Island
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Coron Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Coron Island
Photos in Coron IslandSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Ubud Intro, 18 reviews, 88 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hanoi Intro, 10 reviews, 47 photos, 2 travelogues
- Bagan Intro, 6 reviews, 27 photos
- Tagaytay City Intro, 7 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Boracay Island Intro, 8 reviews, 20 photos, 1 travelogue
- Singapore Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Coron Island Intro, 10 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Davao City Intro, 8 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Banawe Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 12 reviews, 7 photos