"Footwear (Ladies) Fantasy" Liliw by arni_ph075

Liliw Travel Guide: 17 reviews and 115 photos

Month of July discovery.

I discover that on almost all Filipina, here is an Imelda Marcos in our heart, a fancy for variety of footwear. (me included)

Liliw is my newest favorite place, Ive been there twice this month.. its crazy I know.. I just love the slip ons and sandals, they are really funky and super cheap. 2.5USD for a stiletto, really really cool price.

My apology, but there is no photo here on this Liliw travel page, as I did not bring my camera on the 2 occassions that Ive visited, as I need more space on my day packs for the shoes.. :-)

Ill try to bring my camera next time..

Background Info

Liliw, the town was founded in 1571 by Gat Tayaw, he is also the one that name the town, after hearing a bird singing "Liw liw liw".

This small and peaceful town is located at the foot of Mt Banahaw, on the southermost part of Laguna.
It is 1,200 feet above sea level.

The prime industry in this town is slippers and sandals making.. On Tayaw Street alone, more than 30 stores are selling slippers and sandals at unbelivably low price (whole saler prices)...

How to Get There

Its 3 hours away from Manila..

For those without car, this is an alternative... public transportation

Take the bus from Alabang to Lucena, then alight at San Pablo Medical , fare is 65 pesos (non aircon), 79 pesos (aircon).

Cross the street, and ride the jeepney with route of San Pablo fare is 5.50.

San Pablo is a city, at the center when you get off the jeep in the near the market, take the jeep with route of Liliw /Nagcarlan. Fare is 20.50 pesos.

Its a scenic uphill ride, you will know you've reach Liliw once you enter the Tayaw Street, its one way street with lots of people walking, that whole street got more than 50 tsinelas/ sandals store..

Shopping begins...

• Pros:shopping paradise for shoes,
  • Cons:None
  • Last visit to Liliw: Jul 2004