"Bankia" Bankya by hekate
Bankya Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos
Bankya is a small picturesque town, 16 km west of Sofia - the capital of Bulgaria, located in the folds of the Lyulin mountain.
Bankya is greenery, numerous sunny days, light mountain breeze, fresh air and healing mineral water.
Altitude - 640 - 740 metres above sea level.
Climate - moderate continental with an average annual temperature of 9.4°C. Cool summer, warm and sunny autumn, moderately cold winter, charming spring.
Fresh air, rich in oxygen and negative ions. One of the secrets for the marvelous climate is the formation of the so-called "upper" and "lower" winds, which freshen the air while moving around town.
Mineral water with proved curative properties ( 36.5°C ), slightly mineralized, hypothermal, hydrocarbonic - sulphate - sodium, clear and colourless, indicated for the treatment of cardiovascular and neurological diseases, metabolism, etc.
Bankya is a settlement with an old history, as old as the capital Sofia. During archeological excavations remains of buildings, walls, coins dating from the Roman times have been found.
St Cyrik and Yulita Church and St Petka Monastery in the area of Klisura are one of the interesting sights.
The interior is like a bit of an ols style Bulgarian pub. They offer mainly Bulgarian dishes. Prices are OK. They close... more travel advice
They offer mostly Bulgarian dishes and BBQ. I have never been dissapointed by the quality of the food there. The place... more travel advice
hekate's Related Pages
Bankya Travel Guide
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bankya
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Bankya?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bankya
Photos in BankyaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sofia Intro, 99 reviews, 113 photos, 1 travelogue
- Istanbul Intro, 41 reviews, 91 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec Intro, 26 reviews, 44 photos, 1 travelogue
- Buenos Aires Intro, 24 reviews, 37 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bulgaria Intro, 29 reviews, 31 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rila Intro, 23 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Melnik Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Devin Intro, 15 reviews, 34 photos
- Trigrad Intro, 13 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bonn Intro, 11 reviews, 24 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (98)
Latest Bankya hotel reviews
- Bankya Palace
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 23, 2012