Sofia Nightlife Tips by hekate Top 5 Page for this destination

Sofia Nightlife: 73 reviews and 87 photos

The bar - Sofia

The bar

Backstage: Backstage - live music backstage Review

Backstage has been there for about five years now. Every night there is a band playing live music.

There are two halls. The one where the bar is and where the musicians perform and one other where you will find 1 pool table.

The menu is quite short and is written only in Bulgarian. It is drinks only + nuts and chewing gums :) The prices are reasonable.

What surprised me when I went there last night (Thursday) that there were not ore than 30 people in the whole place. Usually when I go there the place is packed with people. But I usually go during the weekend, so I guess, if you want to see the place full of peole you should go there during weekends :)

Entrance fee
3 leva (EUR 1.50) per person.

Dress Code: Whatever you feel comfortable wearing :)

Address: 100, Vasil Levski Blvd.

Directions: Close to Levski's monument. The entrance of Backstage is right next to the entrance of the Musical theatre.

Phone: +359 (2) 946 13 77

Theme: Live Music

Party - Sofia

Party

Escape: Time to show off :) Escape Review

All right, here is what Progrmata (something like a cultural guide for Sofia) says:

"This is the club which will never remain unnoticed in Sofia's night life.
Everybody, even on a first visit to the capital, burns with desire to enter the best
discotheque.
This is the club which dictates the fashion
in night life with its one of a kind interior, sound and light show.
The club where music will satisfy
even the most capricious, following
all the fashionable trends in the world."

Here is what I think:
This club is more or less about being noticed. People go there to show off :))) When you look around you don't see that many people dancing. They mostly stand and try to look pretty.

Does not covers with my idea of having fun. That is why I go there only when my friends are insisting on that. This is my own opinion and I am sure that a lot of people will disagree with me.

Actually, if you do not mind that the music is way too laud and the beat is all the same most of the time and that the airconditioner is rearly turned on, the place is OK.

Entrance fee
Free for ladies.
I am not sure about the guys. I did not pay attention.

Wednesday to Saturday
22:00 - 06:00

Dress Code: Well, if you want to bother with that, you might dress up more than you would usually do :)

Address: 1, Angel Kanchev Str.

Directions: If you are coming from Garibaldy Square it will be on your left hand side about 50 m away from the square.

Phone: + 359 (2) 988 59 22

Theme: Nightclub

Tequilla Bar - Sofia

Tequilla Bar

Tequilla Bar: Tequilla Bar - let's party :))) Tequilla Bar Review

Tequilla Bar is a great place to go if you want to go out, have real fun and dance. There is a terrace that overlooks Vasil Levski monument.

I should say that I have never been there untill last Friday but I liked it a lot and will probably start go there from time to time.

I would strongly recommend the place to VTers :))))

00:00 - 24:00

Entrance fee:
Ladies - free
You guys - BGN 5 (EUR 2.50)

Dress Code: Whatever you like.

Address: 2, Yanko Sakazov Boulevard

Directions: Right next to Serdika cinema.

Elitsa in Buddha Bar - Sofia

Elitsa in Buddha Bar

buddha bar: Buddha Bar buddha bar Review

If you expect to see a top class nightclub you can get a little disappointed. The place is more or less OK but nothing special.

When I was there last Saturday with my friend Elitsa and another friend of mine we had good time. The place was full but not packed. I went there onWednesday evening as well, around midnight and it was almost empty. So, I guess, if you go there and look for crowds you should go there during the weekend.

What I found strange is that there is almost no place to dance but the music was loud.

One thing that really annoyed me is that the waitresses are slow and not very polite.

00:00 - 24:00 h
But if it is 2.00 in the morning and it is only you and the people on your table they stop the music and make it pretty clear that they want you out of there :)))

Dress Code: No special requirements.

Address: 15A Lege Str., Rila Hotel

Phone: +359 (2) 989 50 06

Theme: Nightclub

Alohol - Me and my friend Elitsa :) - Sofia

Alohol - Me and my friend Elitsa :)

Alcohol: Alcohol Alcohol Review

Not much to say about the place. Just another club where you can go and dance.

OK, basically they have to halls. One of them is disc - loud music, a couple of bars, dancing floor. Personaly I prefer the second hall - it is something like chill out zone. Decorated in oriental style with sofas, quiet music and water pipes :)))

Working hours:
from 18:00 h to whenever it finish :)

Dress Code: Waer whatever you feel comfortable.

Address: 127, G. S. Rakovski Str.

Directions: Close to the Laugh and Tear Theatre (Teatr Salza i Smiah)

Phone: +359 (888) 65 55 00

Belly dancing show :) - Sofia

Belly dancing show :)

Club Saray: Club Saray

The name already suggests that this place is targeted to a specific group of people who fancy Oriental type of music. You can see that on the pictures as well :) So, in terms of music you should expect the following styles: Ethno, Turkish, Arabian, Greek, Indian and some popular dance hits. If you are not in to it you'd better not going there.

This is a relatively new club. It opend in December 2005. The interior is reflecting the name of the place and has some kind of Orintal flavour :) If you are interested, you can try out water pipe.

As a whole the service is good except for when the place is packed, then the service tends to be a bit slowlier. Also, if there are many people sometimes gets a bit too smokie. Prices are reasonable. As far as I remember there is no entrance fee.

Saray Club has theme parties for some of the week days. For example Tuesdays are usually set aside for Greek party, Wednesdays for Retro parties, Saturdays might offer you belly dancing show :)

If you want to get more precise info about certain days you can check
Programata.bg

Personally I like this place and I would recommend it to you with all my heart :).

Working hours
After 20.00 h I think.
Closed on Mondays

Dress Code: I do not think that there is any special requirements.

Address: Underground pass Fr. Nansen Str. & V. Levski Blvd

Directions: Close to NDK

Other Contact: saray@sarayclub.com

Phone: +359 (2) 986 25 28

Website: http://www.sarayclub.com/index.php

• Updated Feb 15, 2006

hekate

“Enjoy life while you still can do so :)”

Badges & Stats in Sofia