"Bon Bini (Welcome) to Aruba!" Aruba by pabertra
Aruba Travel Guide: 982 reviews and 2,502 photos
Aruba has the highest visitor return rate of any of the islands in the Caribbean and upon visiting it is very clear why. The island is stunningly beautiful, with calm, shallow, turquoise and azure blue waters on the south side of the island and a rugged, windswept northern shoreline, and a lovely interior countryside dotted with colorful cunucu (country houses). The people are extremely friendly, the service is exceptional, and the islanders speak English, Spanish, Dutch, and Papimento. The restaurants were consistently good, though you will need a reservation at most places (generally one day in advance is enough). I visited the island during low season August and found it to be delightful, but have heard during high season it can be overcrowded, consider yourself forewarned!
The island is relatively small (21 miles long, with a land area of 75 sq. miles), however the interior roads are often not marked and it is easy to get lost, though you can just follow the divi divi trees which all point to the southwest. The northern portion of the coastline consists of rocky dirt roads and require a 4WD vehicle. There are organized tours that you can take (either in an open caravan which appeared very bumpy or by 4 wheeler) to all the sights or for the more adventuresome you can rent your own Jeep and make your own tour.
The weather on the island is consistently warm year round due to its proximity to the equator, with a steady tradewind that makes the hot sun feel very pleasant. The island lies below the hurricane belt and doesn't get a lot of rain, so no matter when you go expect great weather.
- Pros:Gorgeous beaches, Best nightlife in the Caribbean, Friendly People
- Cons:Limited Sites of Cultural Interest
- In a nutshell:A great escape!
pabertra's Related Pages
Aruba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Escape from Chicago's winter to Aruba"
- "Things That Make You Go.....WOW!!!"
- "Aaaaawesome Arrrruuuuba!!!!"
- "Thanksgiving in Aruba"
- "Amapola Goes to Aruba"
- "Arid and Friendly"
- "Adventure Awaits"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Aruba
- Hotels in Aruba
- Transportation in Aruba
- Nightlife in Aruba
- Restaurants in Aruba
- Shopping in Aruba
- Warnings and Dangers in Aruba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Aruba
- 1 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Aruba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Aruba
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos