"Bimini... Hemingway's hideout" Bimini District by pabertra
Bimini District Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 92 photos
Bimini consists of two tiny islands (North and South Bimini) connected by a five minute ferry service. The islands are still relatively uncommercialized, though a few developments have made their way here. The people are very friendly and welcome the handful of tourists they see graciously. You will feel very safe and welcome here. These islands are infamous in that Hemingway used to hide out here, go deep sea fishing, and his pictures still grace the walls of a local watering hole. The island is NOT easily accessible...if you arrive here it is generally by private plane or boat.
I flew to Bimini in a Columbia 400. The airport in South Bimini has a fairly long runway and is easy to get in and out of. No control tower here so don't forget to announce your landing ;) Customs and immigration is open until 5 pm most days, but call to confirm or if you have an after hours landing they will meet you for a nominal fee.
- Pros:Uncommercialized, friendly islanders
- Cons:Resorts are limited, beaches aren't manicured
- In a nutshell:Casual island paradise
pabertra's Related Pages
Bimini District Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entry to the Bahamas"
- "Bimini: The Island in the Stream"
- "Bimini... Hemingway's hideout"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bimini District
- Hotels in Bimini District
- Transportation in Bimini District
- Nightlife in Bimini District
- Restaurants in Bimini District
- Shopping in Bimini District
- Warnings and Dangers in Bimini District
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bimini District
- 0 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Bimini District?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bimini District
Photos in Bimini DistrictSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos