"Puerto Rico--The Island of Enchantment!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico by pabertra

Puerto Rico Travel Guide: 2,340 reviews and 6,147 photos

Overview

The island of Puerto Rico was magnificent. From the blue, early 19th century Spanish cobblestones lining the streets of Old San Juan, to the chirping of the Coquis (tiny tree frogs) in El Yunque (the rainforest) the island of Puerto Rico will win your heart! On my journey I hiked through the rainforest, ferried over to Culebra, a sophisticated island hoppers paradise, walked through the historical streets of Old San Juan, and soaked up the sun on the desolate, picture perfect beaches! If you are interested about learning more about this island don't hesitate to email me through this site. Let me be your free Puerto Rico travel resource.

Map of the Caribbean

This is a map of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico is circled in red. The island is situated to the east of the Dominican Republic and to the west of the Virgin Islands.

General Information

Puerto Rico is a United States commonwealth. They still retain their own flag and their own vibrant culture.
Full country name: Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Population: 3.91 million
People: Hispanic 88.5%, Amerindian 0.4%, Asian 0.2%, mixed and other 10.9%
Language: Spanish; Castilian, English
Religion: Roman Catholic (85%), Protestant
Government: commonwealth of the United States
Head of State: Chief Of State (US President) George W Bush
Head of Government: Governor Sila María Calderón

• Pros:Desolate Beaches, Nature Lover's Paradise, Lush and Beautiful
  • In a nutshell:I LOVE PUERTO RICO!!!!
  • Last visit to Puerto Rico: Dec 2005
  • Intro Updated Dec 28, 2005

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2011 at 10:01 AM

Nice PR Pages! Oh, and Happy Birthday!

• zumodemango's Profile Photo
    May 27, 2009 at 3:10 AM

nice page...i would'n mind to go there too!

• Feb 4, 2009 at 11:20 AM

u call that a map. no route numbers,roads, small towns. etc. just big towns.

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2007 at 7:45 AM

excellent page with great photos. san juan looks like a really interesting town.

• Kenyo00's Profile Photo
    Mar 1, 2007 at 7:39 PM

Hi! The actual name of the cobblestone bricks is "adoquines". It is said that they copy the color of the sky throughout the day, which remains on the 'adoquines' for whole day!

• cckbp7's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2006 at 2:43 PM

Great page. The rainforest pictures look amazing.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2006 at 4:25 PM

I love when peoples tips are useful to the way I travel. Nice page.

• moiraistyx's Profile Photo
    Oct 30, 2006 at 7:37 PM

Excellant page, I will be here next July. I can't believe I'm already planning.

• kazander's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 6:24 AM

I just booked our trip to PR for March. Your page is fantastic, thanks for the tips!

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2006 at 6:03 AM

This is setting me on the right foot. I will be doing some asking in the near future, I guess in April I am gong.

pabertra

“~T~ake R~isks A~d~V~entures and most of all E~njoy L~ife---TRAVEL”

Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico

Have you been to Puerto Rico?

Latest Activity in Puerto Rico