"Puerto Rico--The Island of Enchantment!" Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico by pabertra
Puerto Rico Travel Guide: 2,340 reviews and 6,147 photos
The island of Puerto Rico was magnificent. From the blue, early 19th century Spanish cobblestones lining the streets of Old San Juan, to the chirping of the Coquis (tiny tree frogs) in El Yunque (the rainforest) the island of Puerto Rico will win your heart! On my journey I hiked through the rainforest, ferried over to Culebra, a sophisticated island hoppers paradise, walked through the historical streets of Old San Juan, and soaked up the sun on the desolate, picture perfect beaches! If you are interested about learning more about this island don't hesitate to email me through this site. Let me be your free Puerto Rico travel resource.
This is a map of the Caribbean and Puerto Rico is circled in red. The island is situated to the east of the Dominican Republic and to the west of the Virgin Islands.
Puerto Rico is a United States commonwealth. They still retain their own flag and their own vibrant culture.
Full country name: Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
Population: 3.91 million
People: Hispanic 88.5%, Amerindian 0.4%, Asian 0.2%, mixed and other 10.9%
Language: Spanish; Castilian, English
Religion: Roman Catholic (85%), Protestant
Government: commonwealth of the United States
Head of State: Chief Of State (US President) George W Bush
Head of Government: Governor Sila María Calderón
- Pros:Desolate Beaches, Nature Lover's Paradise, Lush and Beautiful
- In a nutshell:I LOVE PUERTO RICO!!!!
Here is a map of the island which highlights not only cities, but El Yunque, and other points of interest. more travel advice
This somewhat modern church in Old San Juan was so beautiful. It had such a Mediterranean feel to it, with it's clean... more travel advice
- See All Ferry to Culebra or Vieques
- Preferred Cooking Method - Deep Fried
- See All In the mood for a Hispanic pastry?
pabertra's Related Pages
Puerto Rico Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Puerto Rico--The Island of Enchantment!"
- "Perfect Island Vacation"
- "Que Rico, Puerto Rico"
- "The Main Island"
- "Hexe Goes to Puerto Rico"
- "Puerto Rican "Shorty-moon""
- "Vounteering in Puerto Rico with my daughter!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Puerto Rico
- Hotels in Puerto Rico
- Transportation in Puerto Rico
- Nightlife in Puerto Rico
- Restaurants in Puerto Rico
- Shopping in Puerto Rico
- Warnings and Dangers in Puerto Rico
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Puerto Rico
- 22 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Puerto Rico?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Puerto Rico
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos