"Home in the Hoosier Heartland!" Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana by pabertra
Indiana Travel Guide: 2,610 reviews and 5,786 photos
Welcome to my homestate! Indiana typically conjures images of expansive cornfields, old farm houses, and the iconic Indianapolis Motor Speedway, but you'd be amazed at all of the things there are to see and do here. The city is thriving with many great cultural districts offering things from gondola rides, to dinner at the infamous St. Elmo's, to world class musuems, and kitsch shopping districts.
Many small towns grace the state with historical treasures like the Ben-Hur Musuem in quaint Crawfordsville, the James Whitcomb Riley Home in Greenfield, and the West Baden Springs Hotel. If you love the great outdoors Indiana holds some really beautiful terrain from horseback riding amongst the fall foliage in Brown County State Park to canoeing on Sugar Creek below old covered bridges, to hiking and biking in the Hoosier National Forest, and frolicking in the sand at the Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore.
Indiana is a land of many unique populations including a large population of Amish and Mennonites. The state is best described as a place that no matter where you go it always has that small town feel. So go ahead and get lost on some little backroad and see what treasures you stumble upon...Indiana is full of surprises.
Below is a list of places of interest in IN, along with a few notes about what's there, and a recommended number of days to spend at each place.
Great up and coming city! Top notch sports venues, beautiful
canal and musuem district, great downtown dining and mall,
Mass Ave, Broadripple, and of course the Motor Speedway
Known for great country quaint shopping, a large artist
colony has arisen here, home of the T.C. Steele State
Historic Site, Brown County State Park is infamous for its
fall color palette, no trip is complete without a meal at
the Nashville House
Come see Midwest Living's #4 out of 100 of the top towns to visit. This 138 block national historic district is loaded with unique shops, local eateries, and quaint architecture. The town is best known for its annual regatta on the Ohio.
I really have made it a point to keep up with the ever evolving Indy restaurant scene as I truly appreciate the unique, gourmet, and inspiring. If you are debating whether to visit a particular restaurant, are looking for ideas on where to eat, or just want to see what Indy has to offer check out my restaurant tips. They are organized by the best restaurants first all the way through the worst. Or feel free to write me and ask for suggestions...I take great pride in my hometown!
- Pros:Quait small towns, One great city, Loads of Friendly Hoosiers
- Cons:No really big cities, but Indy is growing!
- In a nutshell:Hoosier Hospitality-Friendly Faces, Back Home Places!
Zing offers small plate portions of American innovative dishes that are meant to be shared in a chic and modern... more travel advice
Harry & Izzy's shares the same owners as Indy's infamous St. Elmo's, offers the same St. Elmo's Fire for all of the... more travel advice
- See All The Vogue
- See All Embassy Suites (Downtown)
- See All Monument Circle Christmas Tree
- See All General Lew Wallace The Author of...
Written Dec 16, 2008
Indy's Six Cultural Districts
Written Dec 31, 2007
Best of Indy--Local Restaurants
pabertra's Related Pages
Indiana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home in the Hoosier Heartland!"
- "Indiana: Middle America Personified"
- "Indiana Back Roads and Byways"
- "Back Home in Indiana"
- "Wander Indiana - Really"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Indiana
- Hotels in Indiana
- Transportation in Indiana
- Nightlife in Indiana
- Restaurants in Indiana
- Shopping in Indiana
- Warnings and Dangers in Indiana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Indiana
- 104 Reviews
- 173 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Indiana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Indiana
- Wrote a Review Zing! ---Innovative Small Portions To Share in Indiana Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Harry & Izzy's---Steaks & Seafood Without the Wait"
- updated a Indiana Travelogue "Indy's Six Cultural Districts"
- Posted in Travel Puerto Rico Forum "Puddlejumpers to St. Thomas"
- Commented on one of trisha4188's Indiana travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos