"Cordoba--A RIch Blend of Culture" Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba by pabertra
Córdoba Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 2,069 photos
Cordoba is by far the best place I've visited in Spain. The city has such a rich mixture of cultural and religious influences, that I couldn't help but be taken by her charm. The city is divided into two parts the new part and the old part. The old part holds the most charm, because it includes the juderia (Jewish Quarter) with a labryinthe of narrow winding cobblestone streets that wind past whitewashed buildings and balconies overflowing with flowers. Not to mention the city boasts the Mezquita (mosque) that will humble even the most savvy world traveler. The city has a strong Arabic influence that still lingers and you can even soak in restored Arab Baths and drink mint tea if you'd like. I highly recommend a visit.
Cordoba lies in the fantastic region of Andalucia in the south of Spain. The town is denoted by the large red dot.
I met Andrew on the way to my Spanish hometown of Salamanca. We chatted about our travel experiences on the bus and when we arrived I invited to show him around a bit. We hung out that day and then we exchanged emails as he continued on his travels. One weekend I was in Cordoba when I got a random email from him stating he was in Cordoba. I decided to check at the youth hostel I was staying at just in case he happened to be staying there as well. Sure enough he was! I knocked on his door and one of the roomates answered, but he was out, so I left a note. A few hours later I decided to try one more time and as I headed towards his room I ran into him and he was headed to mine! I suggested we go to a little restaurant and grab a bite to eat, but he had just ate. I had already picked out the place from my trusty guide book and guess what? He had just eaten there. STRANGE. The night continued with a countless number of these coincidences and all I can say was the experience was just surreal. SO strange and so coincidental I couldn't resist sharing it on VT. It's a small world after all!
- Pros:Amazing, Exotic, Charming
- Cons:Extreme heat
Under the caliphate, Arab culture flourished here including the typical Arab Baths (aka Banos Arabes, or Hammam. Most of... more travel advice
Didn't know there was such a thing as Saint Michelangelo, but a local told me about this statue. This saint apparently... more travel advice
pabertra's Related Pages
Córdoba Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cordoba-The center of Al-Andalus"
- "CORDOBA,in the heart of Andalucia"
- "CORDOBA: CITY OF THREE CULTURES"
- "The Mezquita, Tortilla de Espanola, and Heat!"
- "Cordoba--A RIch Blend of Culture"
- "Magical Córdoba"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Córdoba
- Hotels in Córdoba
- Transportation in Córdoba
- Nightlife in Córdoba
- Restaurants in Córdoba
- Shopping in Córdoba
- Warnings and Dangers in Córdoba
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Córdoba
- 48 Reviews
- 50 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 20 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Córdoba?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Córdoba
Photos in CórdobaSee All Photos (50)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos