"Cordoba--A RIch Blend of Culture" Córdoba by pabertra

Córdoba Travel Guide: 896 reviews and 2,074 photos

Cordoba is by far the best place I've visited in Spain. The city has such a rich mixture of cultural and religious influences, that I couldn't help but be taken by her charm. The city is divided into two parts the new part and the old part. The old part holds the most charm, because it includes the juderia (Jewish Quarter) with a labryinthe of narrow winding cobblestone streets that wind past whitewashed buildings and balconies overflowing with flowers. Not to mention the city boasts the Mezquita (mosque) that will humble even the most savvy world traveler. The city has a strong Arabic influence that still lingers and you can even soak in restored Arab Baths and drink mint tea if you'd like. I highly recommend a visit.

General Information

Cordoba lies in the fantastic region of Andalucia in the south of Spain. The town is denoted by the large red dot.

Currency: Euro
Language: Spanish

Insane Coincidences!

I met Andrew on the way to my Spanish hometown of Salamanca. We chatted about our travel experiences on the bus and when we arrived I invited to show him around a bit. We hung out that day and then we exchanged emails as he continued on his travels. One weekend I was in Cordoba when I got a random email from him stating he was in Cordoba. I decided to check at the youth hostel I was staying at just in case he happened to be staying there as well. Sure enough he was! I knocked on his door and one of the roomates answered, but he was out, so I left a note. A few hours later I decided to try one more time and as I headed towards his room I ran into him and he was headed to mine! I suggested we go to a little restaurant and grab a bite to eat, but he had just ate. I had already picked out the place from my trusty guide book and guess what? He had just eaten there. STRANGE. The night continued with a countless number of these coincidences and all I can say was the experience was just surreal. SO strange and so coincidental I couldn't resist sharing it on VT. It's a small world after all!

• Pros:Amazing, Exotic, Charming
  • Cons:Extreme heat
  • Last visit to Córdoba: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 13, 2004

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 24, 2007 at 2:35 AM

I hope to go there soon. Ciao!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 5, 2007 at 2:29 PM

Very thorough presentation of Cordoba with beautiful photographs to accompany your perspectives.

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Apr 21, 2006 at 2:54 PM

Great overview of Cordoba. I'm visiting next week for a day (hope this is enough!) during a trip to Granada.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 12:04 PM

I am probably visiting Cordaba soon and your page has been useful. Thanks for sharing!

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2005 at 5:57 PM

I liked the lovely mosque that is now a church, and pretty gardens...looks like a very nice place to visit!

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2005 at 10:07 AM

Great page abour Cordoba. planning to visit next December.

• morsonica's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 7:05 AM

My dream is travelling around spain and living in every city of Spain,ure so lucky to study there!I hope to realise my dream one day& my destiny will let me to do!

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 7:02 AM

Yes, too hot in July, thast's right

• cbeaujean's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 8:11 AM

you'll find here a really comprehensive page:all is said about this captivating city...or nearly,adding plaza del potro (colt square)...but there are sooo many things to discover...for the next time!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 10:32 AM

fantastic page, I am thinking about heading to southern Spain this summer.

pabertra

“~T~ake R~isks A~d~V~entures and most of all E~njoy L~ife---TRAVEL”

Badges & Stats in Córdoba

Have you been to Córdoba?

Latest Activity in Córdoba