"Rabat---Morocco's Swanky Capital" Rabat by pabertra
Rabat Travel Guide: 508 reviews and 1,251 photos
I didn't spend more than a night in the capital city, but I took this pic to show just how modern the main street of the city is. The main street is lined with illuminated palms and holds the train station, the government offices, and some nice hotels. Once you venture off the main street things appeared much poorer.
This is a common sight all throughout Morocco. Men on donkey drawn carts.
On my way out of town I spied this scene which captures the essence of rural Morocco.
- Pros:Modern, Nice Main Street
- Cons:Not a whole lot for the tourist
- In a nutshell:I Could Take it or Leave It.
pabertra's Related Pages
Rabat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rabat, an introduction to Morocco"
- "Very interesting capital city :-)"
- "R a b a t"
- "Keeweechic's Rabat"
- "The perfect introduction to Morocco"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rabat
- Hotels in Rabat
- Transportation in Rabat
- Nightlife in Rabat
- Restaurants in Rabat
- Shopping in Rabat
- Warnings and Dangers in Rabat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rabat
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to Rabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rabat
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos