"Welcome to the port of Nassau" New Providence Island by pabertra
New Providence Island Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 5 photos
New Providence Island is a cruise ship mecca boasting the infamous port of Nassau. This island holds Atlantis, one of the finest hotels in the Caribbean. Their is not a lot to do beyond the general tourist trap type of activities, but if you are looking for a vacation where you want to do nothing but relax then this is your place. *****Before you read this next part keep in mind that I love to travel and very rarely have something negative to say about a destination*****Overall I left the Bahamas completely unimpressed.The Bohemian dollar is equal to the American dollar only in the Bahamas, what a rip!!!! The service was pitiful, maybe this is just part of the Bohemian lifestyle, but I was paying the American price! The island was overcommercialized and a complete tourist trap! Things are very expensive there and in hindsight I do not think the money spent there was worth it! I would not recommend this destination to anyone, believe me you are not missing anything by avoiding this place!
These 700 island nation unites under this flag. The Bahamas were traditionally British islands, so they speak English and drive on the left side of the road. The currency is the Bohemian dollar or the American dollar. The capital city is Nassau.
- Pros:Nice Beaches in the Southwest, Atlantis
- Cons:Dirty, Overtouristy, Little Culture, Poor Service, Expensive!
- In a nutshell:Try one of the Out Islands Instead!
Our stay at this hotel was satisfactory, but nothing too extraordinary. The one outstanding thing about this hotel is it... more travel advice
pabertra's Related Pages
New Providence Island Travel Guide
- Hotels in New Providence Island
- Transportation in New Providence Island
- Restaurants in New Providence Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in New Providence Island
- 3 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (10)
Have you been to New Providence Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in New Providence Island
Photos in New Providence IslandSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Indiana Intro, 104 reviews, 168 photos, 2 travelogues
- Córdoba Intro, 48 reviews, 50 photos
- Kentucky Intro, 30 reviews, 52 photos
- Madrid Intro, 32 reviews, 34 photos
- London Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Rico Intro, 22 reviews, 32 photos, 2 travelogues
- Porto Intro, 26 reviews, 27 photos
- Isla de Tenerife Intro, 25 reviews, 28 photos
- Toledo Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Istanbul Intro, 23 reviews, 26 photos