Lao Cai Transportation Tips by yuet29 Top 5 Page for this destination
Lao Cai Transportation: 10 reviews and 14 photos
For 9:30pm train, you will reach Lao cai at around 5:30 in the next morning.
Tulico tourist will sell the van ticket inside the train station cost 25,000D. The price for van from LaoCai to Sapa is 20,000-25,000D for tourist, standard price. Tulico van is newer and cleaner. However, you can still get a lot of choices outside the Lao Cai train station which cost 20,000D for the same journey.
The van will wait until it filled up before it makes a move to Sapa. Unless you have advance booking for your accomodation, tulico tourist van will drop you at Darling Hotel.
See Accomodation for more..
Train from Hanoi to lao CAi depart on 9:30pm.
Buy the ticket from Hanoi train station.
You have 2 choices, buy the normal train ticket or the tulico train ticket. Tulico is an express train, cost higher of course.
I took the hard sleeper berth, which is 6 berths in a cabin, cost me 146,000 Dong. If you ask me why taking a hard sleeper, besides of budget constraint, it is because I am easily fall asleep regardless of whatever material I sleep on. Thus, soft sleeper or hard sleeper makes no different for me.
The train tooks 8 hours to reach Lao Cai. Around 8 hours travelling time.
More Reviews (15)
yuet29's Related Pages
Lao Cai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Black,Red,Flowers - Hmongs -Negros,Rojos,Flores"
- "Beautiful Sapa"
- "I'm in heaven - at least above the clouds!"
- "Gate to the Roof of Indochina"
- "LAO CAI, let's go !"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lao Cai
- Hotels in Lao Cai
- Transportation in Lao Cai
- Nightlife in Lao Cai
- Restaurants in Lao Cai
- Shopping in Lao Cai
- Warnings and Dangers in Lao Cai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lao Cai
- 17 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Lao Cai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lao Cai
Photos in Lao CaiSee All Photos (38)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 47 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 38 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Ubin Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 34 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pakistan Intro, 41 reviews