"Ho Chi Minh" Ho Chi Minh City by yuet29
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: 3,083 reviews and 6,932 photos
Most people prefer Hanoi; but I love Ho Chi Minh.
Made friends with some locals, they are very nice. In the picture is Nga and Vy who brought me around for good food; especially Ca Keo, a kind of fish from Mekong river. The way to cook the fish is use a stick to stab through the fish and barbeque until it dies.
I reached HCMC in the evening, after found a guesthouse and settled everything, one day is gone. I was only able to walk around the pham ngu lao area, eat the famous pho and drink a cup of sugar cane juice at the road side.
Day 2 is pretty easy. Drank vietnam caphe with a cyclo driver in the morning. Then met a french guy and we walked together to Van Hoa Park. Saw someone selling endangered animal illegally at the roadside and tried to rescue the poor 'aye-aye'. Finally got the WWF address and sent the animal to WWF~ wooff =S
Then then then, busy for the whole morning for an animal which they may caught and sell at the same place tomorrow, we visited notre dame cathedral, main post office, ben thanh market.
At night, coincidently met the japanese girl i met in Siem Riep, so we walked to Dong Khoi area together and had dinner together. Before back to GH, we eventually found Bia Hoi after walking for a few streets and happily consumed =)
Day 3 me and the japanese girl, chizuru went to cholon together. She wanted to purchase some bags as souvenirs for her family members and I just follow-- coz i seldom spent money in these stuffs. There are a few places to go in cholon such as Thien Hao Pagoda, Cha Tam church and Nghia An Hiu Quan Pagoda.
We say bye bye in the afternoon. She is taking flight back to Japan in the afternoon. So me alone go to War Remnants Museum in the afternoon.
At night, I met the french guy again, his name is max. He stayed here for 3 months so he has some local friends in saigon. This night, he introduced his friends to me- nga and vy (in above picture). The whole night we were watching some real violant movie in Nga brother's pub.
I went to 1/2 day cu chi tunnel in day4 in saigon. I have stomach ache after i came back from the tunnel. Not feeling well so just sleep for the whole afternoon. At night I went for ca keo meal with Nga and Vy. After that Nga brought me on the motorcycle around the city, cool. And I also tried riding motorcycle in Saigon, in such chaotic traffic with all motorcycle and only in saigon! Exciting and sweating =S
Day 5 I left Saigon to Mekong Delta.
- Pros:Friendly people, lots of good food
- Cons:theft, beggers, motorcyclist snatching bags
- In a nutshell:Worth a visit
I took a half day tour to cu chi tunnel. This is a must go place if you are in HCMC. The tunnel is 200km long and 10m... more travel advice
Thien Hao Pagoda is in cholon area, just a short walk from Binh Tai market. When we arrived there, the pagoda was... more travel advice
yuet29's Related Pages
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saigon Saigon !"
- "IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
- "Former Saigon"
- "Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"
- "Lost in Saigon!?"
- "Ho Chin Minh City, the new Saigon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ho Chi Minh City
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City
- 29 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 7 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City
- Posted in Travel Taiwan Forum "Re: The best way from Tainan to..."
- Wrote a Review Cu Chi Tunnel about Out of Saigon - Cu Chi Tunnels in Ho Chi Minh City Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Cu Chi Tunnel"
- updated a Ho Chi Minh City Travel Page "Ho Chi Minh"
- Commented on one of Jim_Eliason's Ho Chi Minh City travel pages
Photos in Ho Chi Minh CitySee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 47 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 38 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Ubin Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 34 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pakistan Intro, 41 reviews
Latest Ho Chi Minh City hotel reviews
- Windsor Plaza Hotel
- 299 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Giang Son Guesthouse
- 80 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Lien Ha Hotel
- 43 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 6, 2013
- Tan Hoang Long Hotel
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 8, 2013
- InterContinental Asiana Saigon
- 678 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Victory Hotel
- 60 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 22, 2013
- Duna Hotel
- 52 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 24, 2013
- Beautiful Saigon Hotel
- 544 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Nguyen Khang Hotel
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Indochine Hotel
- 111 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- Ma Maison Boutique Hotel
- 270 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Tan Son Nhat Hotel
- 20 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 23, 2013
- The First Hotel
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 1, 2013
- Saigon Mini Hotel 5
- 391 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Mondial (Hoan Cau)
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Nov 9, 2011