"Heavenly Vang Viang" Top 5 Page for this destination Vang Vieng by yuet29
Vang Vieng Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 336 photos
Vang Viang was not in my list when I planned to visit Laos until on the bus from Hanoi to Vientiene, I met an english man.
I have forgotten the name of the english man, just remembered that he was an exchange student in Nanyang University, SIngapore. He told me he went to Laos before he traveled to Hanoi, now back to Laos. He said: " You must go Vang Viang, this is the best place I have ever been on the earth, a lot of activities, a lot of unexplored caves"
Er?.. wow.. okie.. so now it is in my travel list!
The trip to Vang Viang was pleasant.. by bus through the notorious Highway 13. I met 2 Thai on the bus and we had some great time in the small beautiful village. Yes, Vang Viang is a village than a town, a few streets count for the whole area.
There is another name for Vang Viang- guess what?.. small Khao San. Other than the beautiful nature, the village is made for tourist. There are lots of guesthouses, restaurant screening latest pirated movies from early morning to late night, tour agents, banana pancakes.. and, it is well-known as a opium village. I didnt encounter any person offer opium to me, but I read in the book that the "business" are really taking place, may be just behind a legal grocery shop.
- Pros:back to nature
- Cons:more tourist than local?..
Most people travel by van to Luang Prabang. If you are tall or big size- where most westerner do, dont travel in this... more travel advice
Vang Viang is just like another little khaosan with all guesthouses and restaurants selling western food for tourist.... more travel advice
yuet29's Related Pages
Vang Vieng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "... by the Song river, in the shade of mountains"
- "Heavenly Vang Viang"
- "peaceful Vang Vieng"
- "The Rustic Countryside of Vang Vieng"
- "Vang Vieng- Peaceful Town"
- "Hippy Haven"
- "Chill out....."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vang Vieng
- Hotels in Vang Vieng
- Transportation in Vang Vieng
- Nightlife in Vang Vieng
- Restaurants in Vang Vieng
- Warnings and Dangers in Vang Vieng
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vang Vieng
- 15 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Vang Vieng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vang Vieng
Photos in Vang ViengSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kota Kinabalu Intro, 47 reviews, 80 photos, 5 travelogues
- Taman Negara Kinabalu Intro, 38 reviews, 43 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pulau Ubin Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos, 2 travelogues
- Melaka Intro, 32 reviews, 35 photos, 2 travelogues
- Penang Intro, 34 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane Intro, 32 reviews, 27 photos, 2 travelogues
- Singapore Intro, 22 reviews, 35 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lao Cai Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 29 reviews, 18 photos, 2 travelogues
- Pakistan Intro, 41 reviews