"Heavenly Vang Viang" Top 5 Page for this destination Vang Vieng by yuet29

Vang Vieng Travel Guide: 166 reviews and 336 photos

Vang Viang was not in my list when I planned to visit Laos until on the bus from Hanoi to Vientiene, I met an english man.

I have forgotten the name of the english man, just remembered that he was an exchange student in Nanyang University, SIngapore. He told me he went to Laos before he traveled to Hanoi, now back to Laos. He said: " You must go Vang Viang, this is the best place I have ever been on the earth, a lot of activities, a lot of unexplored caves"

Er?.. wow.. okie.. so now it is in my travel list!

The trip to Vang Viang was pleasant.. by bus through the notorious Highway 13. I met 2 Thai on the bus and we had some great time in the small beautiful village. Yes, Vang Viang is a village than a town, a few streets count for the whole area.

There is another name for Vang Viang- guess what?.. small Khao San. Other than the beautiful nature, the village is made for tourist. There are lots of guesthouses, restaurant screening latest pirated movies from early morning to late night, tour agents, banana pancakes.. and, it is well-known as a opium village. I didnt encounter any person offer opium to me, but I read in the book that the "business" are really taking place, may be just behind a legal grocery shop.

• Pros:back to nature
  • Cons:more tourist than local?..
  • Last visit to Vang Vieng: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 7, 2005

• Taw's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2007 at 5:10 AM

ha ha ....remember me ? now I'm in Vang Vieng ...... and reading your tips ....... P/s: Gong Xi Fa Chai Taw

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Jul 6, 2006 at 2:27 PM

i was in vang vieng too a few years ago. very nice place indeed :O)

• zazatann's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Very nice page indeed!!! I'm planing to go there soon too. Teya

• Mar 29, 2006 at 2:25 AM

hi all...this is my experience to share I stayed at this lovely resort called thavonsouk resort by the num song river very beautiful very quiet please check this site www.thavonsouk.com

• chewy3326's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2006 at 3:41 PM

What a beautiful and interesting place. This is the first time I've ever heard of Vang Vieng... it looks like a very great village

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 2:34 AM

vang vieng is indeed a nice place... good picture!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Aug 17, 2005 at 6:01 PM

great tips!

• muddybok's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2005 at 1:51 AM

Nobody offer me opium. The VV is nice, but cannot content me man.

• Maximilian21's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2005 at 3:51 AM

Vang Vieng, truly one of my favorite places in the world. A place where you go to and just dont want to leave.

yuet29

“Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.”

Badges & Stats in Vang Vieng

Have you been to Vang Vieng?

Latest Activity in Vang Vieng