"Vientiane.." Top 5 Page for this destination Vientiane by yuet29

Vientiane Travel Guide: 757 reviews and 1,703 photos

I met a Singaporean guy in Vientiane on tthe first night I was there. I was on my way looking for fruit shake. After much effort, I was about to give up.

I walked back to my guesthouse and saw a small stall just beside the GH, i stopped by, this guy asked me: "You want to try some fruit juice?"

The next thing I heard is:" Hey you are Malaysian!"

"Wow, how do you know??"

During the trip whoever i met will guess I am a Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese, PRC, Singaporean ect.. just never Malaysian.

Haha. "I know. Because I am a Singaporean." He smiled.

We sat down and chat until late night. Me, him and his beautiful Laotian wife, with uncountable mosquitoes.

"Have you ever think of going back?", finally I asked.
"No. Never. The life in Laos is too relax. I am used to it. I dont think I will go back."

We smiled.

• Pros:Friedly people, peaceful and relax
  • Cons:Not much activities available
  • In a nutshell:A day or two is more than enough
  • Last visit to Vientiane: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 11, 2004

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 23, 2010 at 8:02 PM

Very nice page! Interesting information about the Laotian people. Very helpful tips!

• Chuckaziz's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2010 at 8:32 PM

Hi Tham, I've just added your tips on Laos in my trip planner. Will be there from Feb 7th to 19th. If you have more tips for me I welcome them. TQ

• Nov 8, 2008 at 4:57 AM

Hi Tham, I will be visiting Vientiane this November. Very informative tips from you. Thanx.

• ValbyDK's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2008 at 6:31 AM

Hi Tham. You have a great Vientiane page. I’m planning going there later this year. Thx for the tips.

• Jan 29, 2008 at 5:43 AM

I love to be here one day!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2007 at 8:02 PM

Great page Tham

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2006 at 2:26 AM

oh yeah,vientiane is really relaxing... nothing to do at all, except enjoying some fresh fruit juice

• ahcoln's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2005 at 2:28 AM

You mean the guy from Singapore is selling fruit juice in Laos?... Me so envy on this guy. Didn't you ask him for any vacancy? BTW, that Merlion is on the diet program!!!

• mad4travel's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Thank you for some interesting pages. I am looking to go to Laos later this year and your information is very helpful.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2005 at 11:32 PM

see-there you go, 5 stars for a 5 star page!! :-))))

yuet29

“Come to the edge, he said. They said: We are afraid. Come to the edge, he said. They came. He pushed them and they flew.”

Badges & Stats in Vientiane

Have you been to Vientiane?

Latest Activity in Vientiane