"7 days in Egypt" Egypt by edinka
Egypt Travel Guide: 16,101 reviews and 41,060 photos
We spent 3 days on one of the Nile cruisers (of about 200) travelling from Luxor to Aswan.
In Luxor, there were a lot of things to see. Karnak Temples, Valley of the Kings, Colossi of Memnon, Hatshepsut Temple.
Aswan is the nicest place to have a fellucca tour on the Nile. check out the Nubian villages on Elephantine Island.
See my album on Temples in Egypt
Cairo itself in a European eye a very strange city. We explored it with a taxi driver (they are almost like tourists guides). Nicest monuments to see are Islamic Temples but to have a feeling about how people are living there, look around at market places and the Old city.
Of course, Pyramids and Egyptian Museum is a must to see.
Hurghada is one of the most popular resort areas at the Egyptian seaside. The second biggest atoll is to be found here so don`t forget to see the beautiful corals here.
Diving is popular but a trip with a glass-foured ship can also give you the feeling how amazing the underwater life here is:-)
- Pros:Amazing ancient sites give you the feeling of Eternity!!
- Cons:If you don`t like bargaining, it is a horrible torture to buy something...
There are a lot of taxis on the streets of Cairo and it is quite easy to get one anytime you need. Taxi drivers are like... more travel advice
A felucca is the traditional Nile sailing boat. You can hire a felucca for sereval hours just for 10-30 Egyptian pounds.... more travel advice
edinka's Related Pages
Egypt Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "EGYPT - DECODING THE PAST"
- "Egypt- "Welcome to Egypt, Where's my tip? ""
- "Small pieces of a beautiful dream"
- "Another point of view on history of Egypt"
- "Paul2001's Egypt Page"
- "Nile Cruise- experience the Pharaonic times &Sharm"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Egypt
- Hotels in Egypt
- Transportation in Egypt
- Nightlife in Egypt
- Restaurants in Egypt
- Shopping in Egypt
- Warnings and Dangers in Egypt
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Egypt
- 12 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Egypt?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Egypt
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valletta Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Krakow Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mechelen Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Vittoriosa Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Bugibba Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jak Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
Top Egypt hotels
- Sharm El Sheikh Hotels
- 1344 Reviews - 2449 Photos
- Hurghada Hotels
- 672 Reviews - 1678 Photos
- Cairo Hotels
- 3989 Reviews - 9541 Photos
- Alexandria Hotels
- 670 Reviews - 1757 Photos
- Luxor Hotels
- 1611 Reviews - 4377 Photos
- Aswan Hotels
- 622 Reviews - 2038 Photos
- Taba Hotels
- 70 Reviews - 252 Photos
- Marsa al `Alam Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 125 Photos
- Red Sea Hills Hotels
- 3 Reviews - 27 Photos
- Nabq Hotels
- 12 Reviews - 45 Photos
- Ismailia Hotels
- 20 Reviews - 49 Photos
- Siwa Hotels
- 119 Reviews - 355 Photos
- Pyramids of Giza Hotels
- 440 Reviews - 1432 Photos
- Kawm ad Dahab Hotels
- 113 Reviews - 335 Photos
- Dhahab Hotels
- 85 Reviews - 223 Photos