"Rabat" Rabat by edinka
Rabat Travel Guide: 116 reviews and 412 photos
Rabat is a suburb of Mdina renowned for glassblowing, pottery and weaving - try to watch the craftspeople at work at Ta`Qali. Some of Rabat's other attractions are St. Paul's and St. Agatha's Catacombs (4th-century underground cemeteries), St. Paul's Grotto (where the saint is believed to have lived) and the Museum of Roman Antiquities.
Rabat was a large provincial township, part of the Roman city of Melita. The Roman wall extended to where the town centre lies today. The sites and the archaeological relics found here testify to the town's importance during the Roman period.
St Paul`s Catacombs are actually tombs and tunnels dug out of stone, which according to legend, served as a hiding place... more travel advice
edinka's Related Pages
Rabat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Roman Villa & some great catacombes"
- "Rabat - A village with loads of mystery & cultural"
- "Rabat - Catacomb City"
- "Rabat, the Neighbour of Mdina"
- "Rabat, next door to Mdina"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rabat
- Hotels in Rabat
- Transportation in Rabat
- Nightlife in Rabat
- Restaurants in Rabat
- Shopping in Rabat
- Warnings and Dangers in Rabat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rabat
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Rabat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rabat
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 5 reviews, 32 photos, 5 travelogues
- Egypt Intro, 12 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valletta Intro, 13 reviews, 16 photos
- Krakow Intro, 9 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Mechelen Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Berlin Intro, 3 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Budapest Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Vittoriosa Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Bugibba Intro, 3 reviews, 8 photos, 1 travelogue
- Jak Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos