"This was my home, sweet home :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta by ciuchi
Constanta Travel Guide: 204 reviews and 806 photos
Constanta, as other towns on the Black Sea side, was founded by Greek colonists coming from Milet in the 7th-6th centuries B.C and developed fast during the Roman occupation. It's ancient name was Tomis and it was documentary attested for the first time in the 3rd century B.C.
The Roman poet was exiled on the Black Sea shore. He wrote here poems describing the beauty of these places. These poems were called "Tristele" and "Ponticele".
In the 5th Century A.D the town was named Constantia after the name of Emperor Constantin the Great as it was an Eastern Roman Empire province called Asia Minor. In the 14th century A.D Dobrogea (this is the romanian name of the province) came under the command of Dobrotici, hence the name of the province. For four centuries, up to the 19th century Dobrogea was under Ottoman rule. That is why we have a strong Turkish and Tatar community, mosque and a nice mixture of cultures and religions.
- Pros:Interesting history, nice places, beautiful beaches...and I...:))
- Cons:The winter is unbearable sometimes.
- In a nutshell:Come in the summer time and I promise we will have fun!
Mamaia Beach I miss the beach and the fun we have in the summer time...and this is what I will miss the most if I will... more travel advice
Well, I didn't actually stay in this hotel either, I have worked here during a summer so I guess that's still valid :) I... more travel advice
ciuchi's Related Pages
Constanta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Constanta - Tomis"
- "My Home...My Town...My CONSTANTZA"
- "Black Sea!!!"
- "This was my home, sweet home :)"
- "Constantza and the ancient Tomis city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Constanta
- Hotels in Constanta
- Transportation in Constanta
- Nightlife in Constanta
- Restaurants in Constanta
- Shopping in Constanta
- Warnings and Dangers in Constanta
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Constanta
- 14 Reviews
- 33 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Constanta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Constanta
Photos in ConstantaSee All Photos (33)
Top 10 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 9 reviews, 49 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Constanta Intro, 14 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Judetul Brasov Intro, 5 reviews, 20 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antalya Intro, 4 reviews, 17 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lauterbrunnen Intro, 5 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cyprus Intro, 14 photos, 3 travelogues
- Sighisoara Intro, 3 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Antalya Ili Intro, 12 photos, 2 travelogues
- Mürren Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Sinaia Intro, 8 photos, 1 travelogue