"Salaam Aleikum" Top 5 Page for this destination Senegal by Wafro
Senegal Travel Guide: 602 reviews and 1,490 photos
I’ve got mixed emotions, when I think back at my journey over there.
The Eastern part of the country was so exclusive, relaxed, memorable and fascinating.
All places I could return at.
But the coastal areas where so sad, bumsters, OVER fanatic Muslims(taalibe of extreme brotherhoods), thieves and coastlines full of resorts.
The southern part is completely different, when you compare it with the rest of the country.
The Casamance region is a green and very fertile region, but it's also the scene of armed separatist rebels, so you better watch out when you're travelling alone.
Full country name: Republic of Senegal
Area: 196,190 sq km
Population: 10.3 million
Capital City: Dakar (pop 2 million)
People: Wolof (36%), Fula (17%), Serere(17%), Toucouleur (9%), Diola (9%), Mandinka (9%), European and Lebanese(1%)
Language: French, Wolof, Mandingo
Religion: 96% Islam, 6% indigenous beliefs, 2% Christian.
- Pros:Nice climate and some unspoiled areas
- Cons:Sometimes crowdy and a some people with bad intentions
- In a nutshell:Mixed emotions
The Bandia reserve is a private game Reserve, situated 65 Km from Dakar near Sally and Mbour. It’s 10 square km. and... more travel advice
In the middle of a large park with gigantic trees, flowers and plants and situated between the bush and the Sine-Saloum... more travel advice
Wafro's Related Pages
Senegal Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A visit with a cause: in progress!"
- "Salaam Aleikum"
- "Saagar's Senegal pages"
- "St. Louis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Senegal
- Hotels in Senegal
- Transportation in Senegal
- Nightlife in Senegal
- Restaurants in Senegal
- Shopping in Senegal
- Warnings and Dangers in Senegal
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Senegal
- 26 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 5 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Senegal?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Senegal
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa 213 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 60 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 44 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Houthalen Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankasa Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues