"AKWAABA!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana by Wafro
Ghana Travel Guide: 1,521 reviews and 4,615 photos
Beautiful beaches, friendly and helpful people, a very rich historical culture (forts, castles, mosques, etc..).
And the last remaining wilderness areas in Ghana are worth a visit.
You'll find rainforests in the southern part of the country and in the north you'll find the Guinean savannas.
Lake Volta is situated in the east and the landscape over there is hillier.
When you're looking for the typical African wildlife, you'll have to visit the reserves or national parks, which are plenty.
But you don't find as much animals as in the eastern and southern part of Africa.
There isn't much place left, in the 238,540 sq km country.
When you know there're about 20 million people living in Ghana.
Here is a list of the major ethnics.
THIS COUNTRY IS WORTH A VISIT, BELIEVE ME!!!
A few years ago I met the Dutch girl Jolanda Van Erckel in Djiroutou (South-West Ivory Coast), she was travelling around West Africa after she started a small scale education project in Tamale (North-East Ghana).
During the time we travelled together in the Ivorian Rainforests she told me everything about the project.
It was a noble and a fantastic initiative, but it was too early for me to judge the project.
After a while we went our own way, she up North and I West, into Ghana.
We kept contact so I stayed informed about the project.
Two years latter we met again in Kumasi (central Ghana) and the project has grown each day and S.K.E.P. is the end result.
Savannah Kids Education Project is a young project, founded with the aim to give underprivileged children in the north of Ghana the possibility to follow primary and secondary education. Unfortunately there are many families in Ghana with the lack of financial means to send their children to school. Because of that many children end up at the streets, where they try to earn some money as hawker or a shoe shine boy. S.K.E.P. wants to see these children back at school, where they belong. By giving these children the possibility to follow education now, they will have hope for a better future.
- Pros:Good roads, great beaches, easy wildlife spotting.
- Cons:I'll let you know
- In a nutshell:The Place To Be
Ghana is becoming a popular holiday destination and attracts different kind of tourists. Tourists mean Euros & Dollars,... more travel advice
Trade Fairground is a huge complex with stores, shopping hangars, curiosa stalls, chop bars, restaurants and so on. You... more travel advice
- See All Akosombo Dam
- See All Anomabou's Fort
- See All Bus
- See All Kokrobite Beach
Wafro's Related Pages
Ghana Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The African gem that is Ghana"
- "* Ghana, Africa's black star *"
- "Real People Live in Ghana"
- "Two weeks in Ghana"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ghana
- Hotels in Ghana
- Transportation in Ghana
- Nightlife in Ghana
- Restaurants in Ghana
- Shopping in Ghana
- Warnings and Dangers in Ghana
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ghana
- 94 Reviews
- 269 Photos
- 10 Forum posts
- 7 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Ghana?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ghana
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa 213 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 60 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 44 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Houthalen Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankasa Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues