"AKWAABA!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana by Wafro

Ghana Travel Guide: 1,483 reviews and 4,063 photos

I think Ghana is one of the most laid back destinations in West Africa.
Beautiful beaches, friendly and helpful people, a very rich historical culture (forts, castles, mosques, etc..).
And the last remaining wilderness areas in Ghana are worth a visit.
You'll find rainforests in the southern part of the country and in the north you'll find the Guinean savannas.
Lake Volta is situated in the east and the landscape over there is hillier.
When you're looking for the typical African wildlife, you'll have to visit the reserves or national parks, which are plenty.
But you don't find as much animals as in the eastern and southern part of Africa.
There isn't much place left, in the 238,540 sq km country.
When you know there're about 20 million people living in Ghana.
Here is a list of the major ethnics.
Akan (44%)
Mole-Dagbane (16%)
Ewe (13%)
Ga (8%)
Guan
Gurma,
Gonja
Dagomba

THIS COUNTRY IS WORTH A VISIT, BELIEVE ME!!!

Savannah Kids Education Project

A few years ago I met the Dutch girl Jolanda Van Erckel in Djiroutou (South-West Ivory Coast), she was travelling around West Africa after she started a small scale education project in Tamale (North-East Ghana).
During the time we travelled together in the Ivorian Rainforests she told me everything about the project.
It was a noble and a fantastic initiative, but it was too early for me to judge the project.
After a while we went our own way, she up North and I West, into Ghana.
We kept contact so I stayed informed about the project.
Two years latter we met again in Kumasi (central Ghana) and the project has grown each day and S.K.E.P. is the end result.

INFO: S.K.E.P.

Savannah Kids Education Project is a young project, founded with the aim to give underprivileged children in the north of Ghana the possibility to follow primary and secondary education. Unfortunately there are many families in Ghana with the lack of financial means to send their children to school. Because of that many children end up at the streets, where they try to earn some money as hawker or a shoe shine boy. S.K.E.P. wants to see these children back at school, where they belong. By giving these children the possibility to follow education now, they will have hope for a better future.

• Pros:Good roads, great beaches, easy wildlife spotting.
  • Cons:I'll let you know
  • In a nutshell:The Place To Be
  • Intro Updated Sep 17, 2011

• zenaidaopenia's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2010 at 12:25 AM

You know most of the people were saying that they love Ghana so much,and thats made me feel challenge to go there & try to meet my special friend there.I'llnever know anybody there except to this guy that I only knew him through VT. What do you think?

• karentids's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 1:45 AM

Your pages are brilliant, thanks for sharing. I will be in an orphanage in Mampong in January and your pages are very useful.

• Oct 19, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Hey, I am going to Ghana in a year. I am only 15 but I am going to go to work at an orphanage for two months. I really want to have a fun time there too so if you have any tips for things to do like parties there or whatever send me a comment.

• Mar 19, 2007 at 10:36 PM

I have a few carvings from aburi. I will never forget that beautiful place!!!!

• Oct 13, 2006 at 1:59 PM

Thanks aplenty for your words of encouragement. I hope for my Ghana page to eventually be as well established as yours. It's a small step in the right direction of helping those wonderful people! Peace!

• hindu1936's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 6:49 AM

You have a great ability to capture some incredible photos. keep it up and keep sharing them. build a book. thanks much

• Alpha_Ghana's Profile Photo
    Jan 2, 2006 at 6:08 AM

Thanks for your comments on my page. Ghana is a lovely country and I will end up there. Perhaps we will meet there or in Belgium when we travel together at the same place. Happy New Year.

• cadzand's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 12:53 PM

Geike almost 2 months ! Congratulations ! My turn to wish you a fantastic 2006. Happy travels.

• Nov 29, 2005 at 8:34 AM

wow, i really love your Ghana pages!!! :) thumbs up!

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2005 at 3:04 PM

thx for ur kind comments. i keep hearing great things baout ghana. i'll have to work on persuading my husband in going there

Wafro Visits Here Frequently!

Wafro

“~~> I Never Try Anything, I Just Do It <~~”

Badges & Stats in Ghana