"ALL IN ONE" Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon by Wafro

Cameroon Travel Guide: 396 reviews and 779 photos

THE REPUBLIC OF CAMEROON

Rainforests,mountains, savannas, rivers and sunny beaches, you can find it all in Cameroon.
More than 200 languages and different ethnics.
Take your time for this country, you'll need it.
Cameroon was my first exotic destination and I'm glad that I stayed there for several months.
I never went all the way up to the upper north.
Most of the time I was traveling in the rainforest zone, because I'm a little bit obsessed by forests and its fauna.
I prefer the wet and green areas instead of the dry and dusty regions.
So, I only can help till Ngouandere.
My first Cameroon adventure was in 2001 and until now I returned several times. If you ask me why, I can give you countless reasons. My friends, wildlife, endless forests, the adventure, idyllic beaches, food, dilapidated buses, football, wide variety of beers and so on.
The last years Cameroon did several efforts to give tourists a unforgettable journey. The only way to experience this magnificent country is to visit it yourself

THE NUMBER OF NATIONAL PARKS HAS INCREASED!!!

The republic of Cameroon changed it’s perception on conservation of their natural beauty. Several new national parks were created and the working budget of the ministry of forestry and wildlife was increased.
1)Lobéké NP 8)Takamande NP
2)Korup NP 9)Faro NP
3)Campo Ma’an NP 10)Bénoué NP
4)Mount Cameroon NP 11)Bouba Njida NP
5)Boumba Bek NP 12)Waza NP
6)Nki NP 13)Mbam Djerem NP
7)Ebo NP 14)Bakossi NP

Not all parks are ready to receive large amounts of tourist, but many parks do the efforts to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
At some places they have hotels, lodges, bungalows or miradors. But not all national parks have those accommodations, inform yourself before heading there. There is always the possibility to place your own tent somewhere near the eco-guards post.

UNFORGETTABLE BEACHES

With almost 400 km of coastline Cameroon has a lot to offer. Estuaries and volcanic sand beaches in the North and idyllic white palm fringed beaches in the south. The two main tourist centres are Limbé in the Northern part, which is also Anglophone and Kribi in the Southern part which is the Francophone part of the country and stretches out until the Equatorial Guinean border. These two cities have all kind of accommodation from high standard Luxury hotels till dirty chambers for one night.

• Pros:good food, beautiful landscapes with unique wildlife
  • Cons:Corrupt and lazzy police
  • In a nutshell:Cameroon is all in ONE
  • Last visit to Cameroon: Feb 2011
  • Intro Updated Nov 16, 2011

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2013 at 6:56 AM

Ian,
    Have enjoyed reading your Cameroon tips whilst listening to Toto's Africa. I love that song too.
    Inspiring tips here,
    many thanks,
    Mike

• Wafro's Profile Photo
      Dec 23, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hope that you can use them one day, because Cameroon is a wonderful place :))

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
      Dec 23, 2013 at 10:29 AM

I've spent about 3 hours this wet and windy afternoon researching a Gorilla tracking project. Am very tempted by this. Thanks for making me think about Cameroon.
      Best wishes,
      Mike

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2011 at 7:53 AM

Hello, Ian! Thanks for your interesting and useful page about your memorable visit! ~ Take care!~

• Jun 6, 2010 at 3:37 PM

Hi saw you left a post for a place in Korup run by Prince Nwese Cletus Nmkpang. I realise it's been a while since you went, but I wondered what the place was like as I've volunteered there for this summer. What can I expect? Thanks for any help Hannah

• Arkeolog's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2009 at 6:17 AM

great page here. i loved. congrats. Bora

• Mateosh's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Nice photos of the Colobus. I could never get a good shot of these guys in Cameroon.

• stanislas's Profile Photo
    Oct 6, 2007 at 10:25 PM

hi man, you were in my village Bafut, waoo thats quite interesting,hope u had a nice time. did u eat the local meal called ACHU?

• calcaf38's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 3:52 AM

Ian, your Cameroon page is great. Cameroon is more varied than I expected. Thanks for sharing.

• MartaSoul's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2006 at 3:25 AM

Hi Ian! Your pages is really enjoyable, I think I have to go to Cameroon. I like it so much.

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Sep 25, 2005 at 6:26 AM

fantastic page!

• BorderHopper's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2005 at 1:15 AM

Hello Ian....this was a fantastic, late night read for me here in LA. Sub-Sahara Africa has been on my list of "Must see's" for a very long time & your pages just give me more incentive. Great insight on your travels thru Cameroon.

Wafro Used To Live Here!

Wafro

“~~> I Never Try Anything, I Just Do It <~~”

Badges & Stats in Cameroon

Have you been to Cameroon?

Latest Activity in Cameroon