"ALL IN ONE" Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon by Wafro
Cameroon Travel Guide: 414 reviews and 846 photos
More than 200 languages and different ethnics.
Take your time for this country, you'll need it.
Cameroon was my first exotic destination and I'm glad that I stayed there for several months.
I never went all the way up to the upper north.
Most of the time I was traveling in the rainforest zone, because I'm a little bit obsessed by forests and its fauna.
I prefer the wet and green areas instead of the dry and dusty regions.
So, I only can help till Ngouandere.
My first Cameroon adventure was in 2001 and until now I returned several times. If you ask me why, I can give you countless reasons. My friends, wildlife, endless forests, the adventure, idyllic beaches, food, dilapidated buses, football, wide variety of beers and so on.
The last years Cameroon did several efforts to give tourists a unforgettable journey. The only way to experience this magnificent country is to visit it yourself
The republic of Cameroon changed it’s perception on conservation of their natural beauty. Several new national parks were created and the working budget of the ministry of forestry and wildlife was increased.
1)Lobéké NP 8)Takamande NP
2)Korup NP 9)Faro NP
3)Campo Ma’an NP 10)Bénoué NP
4)Mount Cameroon NP 11)Bouba Njida NP
5)Boumba Bek NP 12)Waza NP
6)Nki NP 13)Mbam Djerem NP
7)Ebo NP 14)Bakossi NP
At some places they have hotels, lodges, bungalows or miradors. But not all national parks have those accommodations, inform yourself before heading there. There is always the possibility to place your own tent somewhere near the eco-guards post.
With almost 400 km of coastline Cameroon has a lot to offer. Estuaries and volcanic sand beaches in the North and idyllic white palm fringed beaches in the south. The two main tourist centres are Limbé in the Northern part, which is also Anglophone and Kribi in the Southern part which is the Francophone part of the country and stretches out until the Equatorial Guinean border. These two cities have all kind of accommodation from high standard Luxury hotels till dirty chambers for one night.
- Pros:good food, beautiful landscapes with unique wildlife
- Cons:Corrupt and lazzy police
- In a nutshell:Cameroon is all in ONE
When you’re travelling around Cameroon by public transport you certainly once come across a flat tyre. The condition of... more travel advice
Fulani are the Cameroonian cattle herders. They have the typical Zebus cows with their long horns. They sometimes cross... more travel advice
- See All Gare Routière
- See All Bungalows
- Phone calls
- See All The Fruit Bat
- See All Crevettes, crevettes and Prawns
Wafro's Related Pages
Cameroon Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "ALL IN ONE"
- "Cameroon - Afrique en miniature"
- "Two years in Cameroon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cameroon
- Hotels in Cameroon
- Transportation in Cameroon
- Nightlife in Cameroon
- Restaurants in Cameroon
- Shopping in Cameroon
- Warnings and Dangers in Cameroon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cameroon
- 96 Reviews
- 206 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (20)
Have you been to Cameroon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cameroon
Videos in CameroonSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa 213 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 60 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 44 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Houthalen Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankasa Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues