"A continent full of contrasts." Top 5 Page for this destination Africa by Wafro

Africa Travel Guide: 78,470 reviews and 217,272 photos

Yes the African continent is a continent full of contrasts, you can find here blacks and whites, rainforests and desserts, animists and muslims.
Poverty-richness, war-stability, cities-wilderness areas, democracy-autocraty and I can go on for hours.
But one thing is sure, this is the most pure and fascinating continent on the world for me.
Myself, I prefer the regions below the Sahara dessert, black Africa as they call it.
Here you can find a list of all the independent African states and I hope I didn't forget anyone.

Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Cote d'Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial, Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

The continent of Africa is the world's second largest continent after Asia, with a total surface area, including several surrounding islands of 30,313,000 square kilometres. It stretches from 40 degrees latitude in the north to 34 35' degrees south and has 54 independent countries - 48 mainland and 6 island states - with an estimated total population of 700 million. BLA BLA BLA, BLA BLA BLA. Check it out YOURSELF.

Have fun and I hope my information will be useful some day.

Here you find a list of African countries with Tips & Info.
GHANA West Africa
THE GAMBIA West Africa
EGYPT North Africa
CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC Central Africa
TUNISIA North Africa

GREETZ from Ian the BUSHMAN!!!

• Pros:-People-Climate-Wildlife-Cultur-Music-Etc....-
  • Cons:-Conflicts-Roads-Diseases-Police-Etc....-
  • In a nutshell:The cradle of mankind
  • Intro Updated Jul 10, 2012

• muguruki's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2011 at 9:07 AM

It’s cold and I'm missing Africa. Boo hoo!!! I want to sweat in a hotel room with no air-conditioning, I want to eat hot spicy food, I want to laugh with the locals till my sides hurt, I want to dance to Congolese music till the sun comes up........and I want some palm wine.....lots of it.

• leon.partsi's Profile Photo
    Sep 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM

This is the most epic travel guide I have ever seen. I am going to be looking through it in great detail. Thanks!

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2010 at 2:46 PM

Nice tips - Africa is high on my travel wish list.

• elpariente's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2009 at 9:45 AM

Very good and interesting tips Thank you Gracias !!!!

• gilabrand's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 12:33 PM

Interesting tip about smelling gorillas...LOL

• nora_south_africa's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2008 at 10:12 AM

great africa tips

• Knuppel's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2008 at 1:33 AM

Thank you very much for the great information, it helped me a lot. bye and enjoyed the pictures

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2008 at 10:21 AM

Great tips, Ian, THANX! You have splendid experience of traveling there! Nice of you to share it all here with us.

• Mar 16, 2007 at 9:50 AM

Here, here, Wafro! I agree with you on the pen and candy thing. It just encourages more aggressive begging.

• CaliHopkins's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 9:16 AM

Your pages on Africa are the best Ive seen ~ Thank you for all the great info!

Wafro Used To Live Here!

Wafro

“~~> I Never Try Anything, I Just Do It <~~”

Badges & Stats in Africa