"Capital of Ghana" Top 5 Page for this destination Accra by Wafro
Accra Travel Guide: 292 reviews and 1,167 photos
It was originally built around the port. Its architecture ranges from large and elegant 19th Century colonial buildings to skyscrapers and apartment blocks made of concrete, glass and steel in the 1970s.
The centre of Accra (Ussher Town, East Ridge, James Town, Osu, West Ridge, Asylum Down) contains the main banks, embassies, the large department stores, museums, the government administration, hotels, etc….
The residential areas are to the north and west of Accra.
The highlights of Accra are the National Museum, the Centre for National Culture, Independence Square, the Kwame Nkrumah Mausoleum, the fishing port at James Town and Makola Market, the university of Ghana at Legon is just 14km north of Accra, and its distinctive buildings are set amongst elegant tree-lined gardens that are popular with students and visitors.
- Pros:Here you'll find almost everything
- Cons:Lots of vehicles and dirt on the streets.
- In a nutshell:Vibrant and accessible.
Located just 5 minutes from the airport, in one of Accra's premier suburbs, Bay View Hotel offers the finest in comfort,... more travel advice
Trade Fairground is a huge complex with stores, shopping hangars, curiosa stalls, chop bars, restaurants and so on. You... more travel advice
Wafro's Related Pages
Accra Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Accra, sóóó Ghana"
- "My beloved Accra"
- "Accra, the capital of Ghana"
- "Capital of Ghana"
- "Ghana: respect, my brotha!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Accra
- Hotels in Accra
- Transportation in Accra
- Nightlife in Accra
- Restaurants in Accra
- Shopping in Accra
- Warnings and Dangers in Accra
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Accra
- 10 Reviews
- 19 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Accra?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Accra
Photos in AccraSee All Photos (19)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa 213 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 60 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 44 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Houthalen Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankasa Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues