"AKOSOMBO" Akosombo by Wafro
Akosombo Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 23 photos
This village was purpose built in the 60's to house the dam builders, but it isn't that special.
BUT the dam!
It measures 370m. across and 124m. in height and turned the Volta into a lake of 850.000ha. with several islands in it.
The surrounding area of Akosombo is also very attractive.
For instance, the town of Atimpoku, a small but very lively place along the Accra<-->Ho road, near the suspension bridge.
Over here you can always find transport, a bus to the east, a car to the south, a pirogue to go down river and near Akosombo you can find a boat to go up north
- Pros:Fresh water swimming, nice fish and shrimp dishes
- Cons:Sometimes croudy
You’ll find everything you need along the road near the junction at Atimpoku -Food... more travel advice
Wafro's Related Pages
Badges & Stats in Akosombo
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (37)
Have you been to Akosombo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Akosombo
Photos in AkosomboSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa 213 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 60 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 44 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Houthalen Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankasa Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues