"Larabanga and its Mosque" Larabanga by Wafro
Larabanga Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 99 photos
This place is known for its ancient mosque.
It is a common believe that this mosque is the oldest mosque in Ghana.
Even the present generation think it was built by God.
The villagers built another mosque which is similar to the one on the stamp where they go to pray or worship daily.
The so-called "God built mosque" also houses a holy Koran which also is believed to descent from heaven.
This holy book is read once in a year or so during a special ceremony.
1 - 1 of 1
Wafro's Related Pages
Larabanga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Village with the Oldest Building in Ghana"
- "Larabanga, village with The Mosque"
- "Larabanga and its Mosque"
- "Old mosque of larabanga"
- "Kamara people"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Larabanga
- Hotels in Larabanga
- Transportation in Larabanga
- Restaurants in Larabanga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Larabanga
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Larabanga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Larabanga
Photos in LarabangaSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Africa 213 reviews, 402 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cameroon Intro, 60 reviews, 139 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ghana Intro, 44 reviews, 114 photos, 5 travelogues
- Houthalen Intro, 29 reviews, 116 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mole National Park Intro, 15 reviews, 51 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada Intro, 21 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ile de Jerba Intro, 21 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination The Gambia Intro, 21 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cote D'Ivoire Intro, 22 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Ankasa Intro, 10 reviews, 37 photos, 3 travelogues