"Hurghada the Mecca for the all inclusive tourist." Top 5 Page for this destination Hurghada by Wafro

Hurghada Travel Guide: 672 reviews and 1,668 photos

Hurghada once was a little fishing village in a quiet surrounding, these days Hurghada is a relative big city based on tourism and it's still expanding.
Over here you can find everything a tourist needs.
A large variety of sleeping facilities, restaurants on the corner of every street, bars, tearooms, coffeehouse, discos, souveniershops, travel agents, divinngcentra, supermarkets, hospitals and so one.
But there is also the other side of the medal.
When there are tourists there are hustlers, scams and thieves, so watch out.

After all Hurghada was the ideal place for a holiday during the cold European winter months, while we were there with an infant of 11 weeks.
We probably didn't experience the real Egypt, but we enjoyed the relaxation, nice temperatures, food and the laid-back atmosphere.

The funniest thing of all is, once you are at the borders of the city, you find nothing more than dessert, sand and rocky hills.

• Pros:Warm all year round
  • Cons:Sometimes windy
  • In a nutshell:As I said.....The Mecca for the all inclusive tourist
  • Intro Updated Jan 18, 2006

• muguruki's Profile Photo
    Dec 12, 2011 at 8:42 AM

Yeah, I have read Aboke Girls by Els de Temmerman and I considered going to Aboke which is more or less halfway between Lira and Gulu. One day I hope to do some cyle touring in Uganda (inshallah) maybe I'll stop off in Aboke then.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2011 at 3:20 AM

The water is certainly beautiful and have enjoyed your page thanks (though seeing all the tourists along the back of the boats cant help thinking of a great white coming along for its dinner!) A good friend of mine had a great time doing a PADI course in the Red sea and her photos are beautiful.

• Jerelis's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2011 at 2:07 AM

Egypt is one of those 'wish list' destinations of us. Reading you exellent tips makes the desire raise :) Thanx for sharing!

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Feb 22, 2008 at 10:37 AM

Ian, your pages are simply amazing: compressed experience and knowledge!

• Lunaina's Profile Photo
    Apr 15, 2007 at 11:05 PM

great pictures!!!

• evona's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 11:19 AM

Hi. Thanks for your nice comment on my Hurghada page. I miss HUrghada so much, especially now - when we have snow and -20..... Beautiful page. Greetings :)

• myriam_c's Profile Photo
    Jan 23, 2006 at 11:08 AM

Thanks for your comment on my Hurghada page. Hope you had a relaxing holiday. Going back myself in March to get a nice suntan ...

• ukirsari's Profile Photo
    Jan 19, 2006 at 7:44 AM

nemo looks nice, ian :) was geike enjoy the trip? my t-shirt sharm-el-sheik and hurghada just game over in washing machine :D .. bad quality though!

Wafro

“~~> I Never Try Anything, I Just Do It <~~”

Badges & Stats in Hurghada

Have you been to Hurghada?

Latest Activity in Hurghada