"Bogota...Me Encanta!!!!" Bogotá by Deborah1

Bogotá Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos

I Love You Bogota!!!!

Bogota will always hold a special place in my heart. One of my closest friends lives there, and most recently my husband and I adopted our baby daughter from an orphanage in Bogota. We are so proud that she is Colombian. We stayed for almost 4 weeks throughout our adoption process, and didn't want to leave, although we knew we had to return. While we were there, we ate at awesome restaurants, went to great spas, salons and stores and met wondeful people. We also went to the Hotel Tocarema in Giradot for a few days, which is about a 2 1/2 hour drive south of our beloved Bogota. More beautiful people, inside and out you will NEVER find, no matter how long you search. This was my 3rd trip there, but my husband's 1st. We are already planning our return in February with our new daughter. It was nearly impossible to say adios to all the people we met and who helped us along the way. Although we are apart, they will live in our hearts forever!!!

Here is an updated photo of my daughter and me. She is 6 months old here and growing FAST!! Since our return this summer from Bogota, we have taken our yearly family vacation to the Jersey Shore. (I've been going there since I was a child and I love it), and in October we traveled to Montreal. We're getting our daughter started early with traveling !!

• Pros:Beautiful, historic city that mixes the old with the new
  • Cons:The negative reputation it holds for only one thing...drugs
  • In a nutshell:Pais Bonito...Beautiful Country!!!
  • Last visit to Bogotá: Jul 2004
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2004

Deborah1

“Beach Bum”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.