"The Road to Wigan Pier" Wigan by YPie
Wigan Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 47 photos
Ah, Wigan. Not top of the tourist's list, but it's were my family come from. Or the better half anyway....
I've never lived here, but I spend many many days over here visiting family and watching rugby games. Some things are in the blood no matter where you're born.
I've got a couple of favourite places. They might not mean much to you, but they mean a lot to me.
- Pros:Rugby and family links, Wigan Pier, Haigh Hall
- Cons:OK, so it's not a major tourist hotspot, but there's more there than you think
- In a nutshell:Part of me, down to my core.
My favourite thing about Wigan is the rugby, get along to a game if you can. The JJB doesn't have the atmosphere or... more travel advice
It's a pub. It has rooms. It's near the town centre and Central Park (Tesco). My usual Wigan bolthole (the Brocket Arms)... more travel advice
YPie's Related Pages
Wigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Discovering the Wigan Way"
- "Uncle Joes mint balls an a Pier"
- "The Road to Wigan Pier"
- "Pride of the Northwest"
- "Not just a Pie(r)"
- "Home Sweet Home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wigan
- Hotels in Wigan
- Transportation in Wigan
- Nightlife in Wigan
- Restaurants in Wigan
- Shopping in Wigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wigan
- 4 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Wigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wigan
Top 10 Pages
- Stockholm Intro, 14 reviews, 11 photos
- Stratford-upon-Avon Intro, 10 reviews, 9 photos
- London Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Isla de Gran Canaria Intro, 9 reviews, 4 photos
- Athens 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Cardiff Intro, 3 reviews, 1 photo
- Wigan Intro, 4 reviews
- Budapest Intro, 2 reviews, 1 photo
- Prague Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Leeds Intro, 3 reviews