"Up North" Ludington by sarah00

Ludington Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 34 photos

Why go to Ludington...

My husband’s family has a cabin just outside of Ludington. So when ever we want to get away for a cheap weekend either with our friends or alone the cabin is always useful. :) As far as "up north" goes in Michigan there are tons of place you can go. Ludington is one of the more low key destinations. It has great beaches that are all but private. The sunset on Lake Michigan is amazing. There is a little brew pub in downtown Ludington I suggest stopping in for at least one pint. Their food is fantastic and so is their beer.

Lake Michigan

When ever we end up in Ludington we always end up at the beach on Lake Michigan. It's too beautiful to skip especially now that we have children. There is lots of sand but not a whole lot of shade. My only complaint is that the wind never dies down, there's always sand flying in your face and I worry about my kids ears but it's still worth visiting. This photo is on the beach right at the end of downtown just right of the light house. The water is normally too cold for me (I'm a wimp) but there are always lots of people swimming.

Pier and Light house

There is also a pier and light house you can walk down and look at. It's a great back drop for photos and gives you something to do when you're on the beach but are not swimming.

• Pros:Quite, nice scenery
  • Cons:Not a ton of stuff to do
  • In a nutshell:If you're looking to just chill out but still have a few things to Ludington is your spot!
  • Last visit to Ludington: Sep 2011
  • Intro Updated Sep 1, 2011

Comments

sarah00

“I want to go everywhere”

Badges & Stats in Ludington

Have you been to Ludington?

Latest Activity in Ludington