"The Big D!" Detroit by sarah00
Detroit Travel Guide: 671 reviews and 1,482 photos
I've grown up in a suburb of Detroit my whole life. When I was 19 I got a job in Detroit and my opinion for the city changed. It really is a great place. There are many other "big cities" to visit in the US but Detroit has some great places to go and great things to see and do. Detroit doesn't get it's due.
- Pros:Detroit is full of good food, good people, good music
- Cons:However it does have a bad rep and a few "dark alleys" you might want to avoid
- In a nutshell:Detroit has it's ups and downs but over all this is where I live, work, eat and play. While I may trade it to live somewhere else, this is where I'll always call home and where I'll return to when it's time to start a family!.
Every year the Saturday before Christmas Detroit has a bar crawl called SantArchy. I attended in 2003 and 2004 and I... more travel advice
When Detroit found out they were going to be hosting the 2006 Superbowl lots of new changes were made. One of those... more travel advice
sarah00's Related Pages
Detroit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "PARIS OF THE MIDWEST. A Love Story."
- "Don't be afraid!"
- "Some Signs of Life in Motor City"
- "Dog Walking Downtown Detroit"
- "No Place Like Home"
- "Elegy for the City on the Straights"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Detroit
- Hotels in Detroit
- Transportation in Detroit
- Nightlife in Detroit
- Restaurants in Detroit
- Shopping in Detroit
- Warnings and Dangers in Detroit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Detroit
- 10 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Detroit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Detroit
Top PagesSee All Travel Pages (3)
No friends yet.