"Dubbo - Bit of a Surprise Package" Top 5 Page for this destination Dubbo by ancientmariner
Dubbo Travel Guide: 40 reviews and 84 photos
Have been to Dubbo about 4 times over the last 30 years & seen it grow from just another dry dusty largish inland town to what it is today and what I refer to in my page title, a bit of a surprise package. I say this because I think Bathurst & Orange, the two major towns you pass through on the way along the Mitchell Highway to Dubbo, have probably always been a little prettier & more interesting.
Dubbo today boasts not only an excellent Zoo, the Western Plains Zoo, but also a variety of other attractions that will help you fill out anything from a weekend's stay up to a week's stay.
It is now one of the biggest inland towns with a population now nudging 40 000.
- Pros:Excellennt Zoo & other interesting attractions
- Cons:Long drive from where I live.
- In a nutshell:Have to see the Western Plains Zoo
Dubbo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the Western Plains Zoo & Lots More Too"
- "Sweetberry's Dubbo Page"
- "Dubbo - Home to the WesternPlains Zoo"
- "Dubbo - Bit of a Surprise Package"
- "DUBBO - THE CITY OF SMILES!"
- "The Best Zoo in Australia"
- "a few days in Dubbo NSW"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubbo
- Hotels in Dubbo
- Transportation in Dubbo
- Restaurants in Dubbo
- Shopping in Dubbo
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubbo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubbo
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 10 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dubbo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubbo
- Posted in Travel Sydney Forum "RE: study in Sydney"
- Commented on one of noseriderinoz's Dubbo travel pages
- Wrote a Review Daddy's taking us to the Zoo tomorrow in Dubbo Things to Do
- created a Dubbo Travel Page "Dubbo - Bit of a Surprise Package"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dubbo - Bit of a Surprise Package"