"Arezzo" Top 5 Page for this destination Arezzo by alloquisha
Arezzo Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 216 photos
Arezzo is a small Tuscan city about 65 km east of Florence, and easily accessible by a fast Rome-Florence train. As both a major Etruscan and Roman town,
Arezzo was a successful independent republic until the battle between the Guelphs and Ghibellines finally got the best of it (they picked the wrong side!)
Today it has evolved into a beautiful, charming center well worth a visit.
In fact, it is so attractive that Italian filmmaker Robert Benigni selected Arezzo as the location to film many of the scenes of his award-winning movie "Life is Beautiful." Aside from its cinematic fame, Arezzo is also known as a place to spot fantastic frescoes, jewelery stores. and browse amongst fine antiques at its monthly Fiera Antiquaria market on the Piazza Grande.
By train: between 1.5 and 2 hours from Rome Termini station. Not even one hour from Florence's station.
By Bus: excellent bus connections to other Tuscany destinations! Consider making Arezzo your base, if you can find an affordable place to stay.
- Pros:Charming atmosphere, good small sights
- Cons:no left luggage, a bit expensive
- In a nutshell:The highlight of my Tuscany trip
While I found this absolutely BIZARRE, it's the way things are; apparently, there is NO left luggage center in Arezzo... more travel advice
El Prato is a large park tucked behind the Cattedrale - it's huge and hard to miss! Yet it was remarkably untouristed... more travel advice
alloquisha's Related Pages
Arezzo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "First Sunday of the month"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Arezzo
- Hotels in Arezzo
- Transportation in Arezzo
- Nightlife in Arezzo
- Restaurants in Arezzo
- Shopping in Arezzo
- Warnings and Dangers in Arezzo
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Arezzo
- 8 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Arezzo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Arezzo
Photos in ArezzoSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Antibes Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- West Palm Beach Intro, 36 reviews
- Collioure Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Menton Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cortona Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Gordes Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos