"Cortona" Top 5 Page for this destination Cortona by alloquisha
Cortona Travel Guide: 93 reviews and 221 photos
Cortona is a small town perched on a hill about 25km away from Arezzo, which takes a surprising hour by bus (though parts are rather scenic).
While it has its roots with the Etruscans, little remains of the early inhabitants and the streets are medieval in nature. Car traffic is tightly controlled leaving it a safe place for pedestrians to wander around - good thing too, because there are tons of tourists here! Far more than I expected, it decreased my enjoyment of the place though it does seem to empty out a bit at night.
- Pros:Gorgeous setting
- Cons:Touristy and underwhelming sights
- In a nutshell:Perhaps better as a daytrip
Cortona has lots of friendly cats. This onelikes to hang out by the hostel and took a liking to my boyfriend Dan -... more travel advice
When I asked the tourist office for suggestions on walks in the area, they mentioned a monastery but no details. It... more travel advice
alloquisha's Related Pages
Cortona Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "America has landed"
- "Living a Tuscan Dream"
- "A Perfect Tuscan Experience"
- "Bellissima Cortona"
- "Cortona - charming and historical hilltown"
- "The Town that Frances Mayes Built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cortona
- Hotels in Cortona
- Transportation in Cortona
- Nightlife in Cortona
- Restaurants in Cortona
- Shopping in Cortona
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cortona
- 13 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cortona?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cortona
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Antibes Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- West Palm Beach Intro, 36 reviews
- Collioure Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Menton Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cortona Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Gordes Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos