"Biot: Village of arts and tourist shops" Biot by alloquisha
Biot Travel Guide: 32 reviews and 80 photos
Do not be deceived by the train schedule on the Cote D'Azur...the stop that is labeled Biot refers to the lower beach area. Biot-Village is where most people intend to go, and it is much easier to access by bus. From Antibes, it is a quick 30-minute trip.
Biot is a town of artistic tradition. Once famous for their glazed pots produced for the transportation of oils, its main attraction now is its thriving glass art industry.
It is a small place that can be easily explored in a day-trip, or even half a day if you don't poke around all the stores--of which there are a TON! The usual Provencal schlock, but some real gems of artistic pottery are sometimes tucked in the shelves.
Be advised that many restaurants are closed on Sundays, and the tourist office has limited hours. This is NOT an easy place to be without a map, since its most interesting sights are on roads just outside of the town.
- Pros:Glasswork, pretty townscape
- Cons:Pretty touristy, especially in terms of shops
- In a nutshell:Worth a day if you like craftsmanship, but can be skipped if you are not interested in glass or pottery.
alloquisha's Related Pages
Biot Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Biot Village"
- "It's the Simple Things"
- "Bienvenue à Biot"
- "Biot: Village of arts and tourist shops"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Biot
- Hotels in Biot
- Transportation in Biot
- Restaurants in Biot
- Shopping in Biot
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Biot
- 6 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Biot?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Biot
Top 10 Pages
- Philadelphia Intro, 49 reviews, 48 photos
- Rome Intro, 22 reviews, 22 photos
- Antibes Intro, 19 reviews, 20 photos
- West Palm Beach Intro, 36 reviews
- Collioure Intro, 14 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Menton Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Lago di Como Intro, 11 reviews, 12 photos
- Florence Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cortona Intro, 13 reviews, 9 photos
- Gordes Intro, 11 reviews, 11 photos