"Washington's Little Norway" Poulsbo by JetlagCity

Poulsbo Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 58 photos

Historic Poulsbo

Poulsbo is a little town (population around 6,000) on Washington's Kitsap Peninsula. It was originally settled by Norweigans, and it treasures this heritage, which makes it a fun spot to visit. I always come here on a daytrip from Seattle. It's right below the Olympic Mountains, on Liberty Bay.

This is something that's on my to-do list for next time - kayaking. I've seen at least two kayak centers in Poulsbo where you can rent them to paddle around Liberty Bay.

• Last visit to Poulsbo: Dec 2004
  • Intro Updated Jan 4, 2005

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 8:41 PM

Oh, Jane, this is so quaint. These are the kinds of places I really love to visit and to read about. Your narration and brilliant photos make it come to life. Outstanding restaurant tips. What a star-worthy group of tips.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2005 at 4:25 PM

Looks a beautiful town. I wasn't expecting to find a Norweigan element here though! Lovely pics!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2005 at 6:58 PM

I have never heard of Poulsbo Jane ,but it looks great on this page .The Expresso & Ice Cream at Checkers looks great Jane ,If I ever get to this town I would go to Checkers for sure .

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 4, 2005 at 12:37 PM

Beautiful pictures of this picturesque little town! It looks like quite an interesting spot to tour around, and a nice ferry ride to top it all off! A great page!

• nigelw6443's Profile Photo
    Jan 27, 2005 at 3:01 AM

Looks like a really nice place for a day trip!

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 1:59 PM

Veldig godt!! A little of that Washingtonian norsk influence in evidence. Try the kayaks next time for sure! The Sound is a great place for exploring that way.

• whitecliff62's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 9:35 AM

Beautiful looking place to visit Jane

• Jonathan_C's Profile Photo
    Jan 21, 2005 at 10:21 PM

A lovely description of Poulsbo. We've been meaning to get there for midsommarfest some year but your pages make me want to go sooner.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 6:49 PM

I have a picture of one of those fish-men on one of my Olympic Park pages. They seem to be a local tradition!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Jan 18, 2005 at 3:43 AM

Mocha Coffee & the Liberty Bay Bookshop are two good reasons for me to visit here. The rest looks pretty good too!

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Poulsbo

Have you been to Poulsbo?

Latest Activity in Poulsbo