"Marrowstone and Indian Islands" Marrowstone Island by JetlagCity

Marrowstone Island Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 20 photos

Rural Solitude

Marrowstone Island is where we go for peace and quiet. In fact, we came here on our honeymoon, to relax and unwind after the stress of the wedding. It's in Washington's Puget Sound, close to Port Townsend on the Olympic Peninsula. It's a good place to go when you're feeling like you need to escape from the big city and want to get away from people.

Where is this place?

To get here from Seattle, take the Bainbridge Island ferry from Pier 52 downtown and drive to the Hood Canal Bridge. After crossing the bridge, turn right onto Oak Bay Road right away and follow it north to Flagler Road, where you take another right. You'll cross a bridge onto Indian Island first, which then connects to Marrowstone Island.

You can check out this website for a map and more details: http://www.marrowstone.com/

• Pros:a good place for peace and quiet
  • Cons:not much to do, but that's kind of the point
  • Last visit to Marrowstone Island: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2004

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Oct 17, 2005 at 2:15 AM

The Ecologic Place is some where I would enjoy staying for a few days, fun restaurant tip, choose your hat whilst you eat! lol. (~_~)

• Jonathan_C's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2005 at 3:21 AM

Sounds like you've figured out the best of Northwest living -- rustic cabins, secluded spot, clams and a hidden gem of a restaurant. Maybe you'll see us there some day.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jul 4, 2005 at 2:17 PM

Do clams have aphrodisiac qualities? After 40 clams each, things must have been red hot!!!

• cheesecake17's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2005 at 4:47 PM

clam digging....:) there is place nearby where I live..I should really give it a try ........ursula

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 7, 2005 at 3:07 PM

Jane, this looks like a fantastic spot to just chill out and relax!! Your accommodations and food tips were excellent. I remember digging for clams myself along the Bay of Fundy coast in Atlantic Canada - nice memories!

• royalempress's Profile Photo
    Mar 24, 2005 at 3:55 PM

Hey, What about Whidbey Island? Haven't you visited our Island yet?? You don't know what your missing... :) Mike

• jamiesno's Profile Photo
    Dec 17, 2004 at 11:32 AM

This looks like a nice little place, I am going to have to check out Washington State sometime. It seems like a nice place. Cheers!

• Efrika's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 11:21 AM

your parrot picture caught my eyes, this is the first parot ever that I like (do you know its name?) sorry for a travel-irrelevant comment

• dabuwan's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 11:18 AM

I think I really like this place. Yout travel page is great! I'd like to go clam digging in such a rural island.

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2004 at 8:02 AM

Don’t the clams bite or pinch or something when you try to catch them with your bare hands? Or aren’t they equipped to do such things? Clam digging sounds like fun, anyway. Thanks for your birthday wishes. Greetings from Frankfurt.

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Marrowstone Island

Have you been to Marrowstone Island?

Latest Activity in Marrowstone Island