"Bavarian Icefest" Top 5 Page for this destination Leavenworth by JetlagCity
Leavenworth Travel Guide: 136 reviews and 363 photos
The last time I visited Leavenworth was for their annual "Bavarian Icefest" celebration in January. It was very cold, but quite fun watching the snowshoe and "smooshing" races, mainly because everyone participating is such an amateur, and just there to have a good time!
The festival is a small-town affair, with lots of events for kids and some for adults, too. For me it was my big dose of snow for this winter, since we don't get much of that in Seattle.
This was my favorite snow sculpture. Isn't he cute?
All my previous trips to Leavenworth have been to go cross-country skiing, at Icicle Creek. It's a very picturesque area.
This is something I'd really like to see someday! Leavenworth has a ski jump just outside of town, but so far I haven't managed to be here when people were practicing!
I really enjoy walking around and looking at all the building murals - I guess that's the obvious thing to do here! They... more travel advice
This is a cozy and casual German restaurant, complete with murals, in the cellar of a building right downtown. They have... more travel advice
JetlagCity's Related Pages
Leavenworth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bavarian Village and #1 X'mas town in the US"
- "BAVARIA TRANSPLANTED; GATEWAY TO THE ENCHANTMENTS"
- "Bavarian Icefest"
- "Leavenworth - a little piece of Bavaria in the USA"
- "Bavarian Town of Leavenworth"
- "Little Town for a Romantic Night!"
- "German Delight in Washington State"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Leavenworth
- Hotels in Leavenworth
- Transportation in Leavenworth
- Nightlife in Leavenworth
- Restaurants in Leavenworth
- Shopping in Leavenworth
- Warnings and Dangers in Leavenworth
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Leavenworth
- 7 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Leavenworth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Leavenworth
Photos in LeavenworthSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Cascade Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos