"Deception Pass State Park" Deception Pass State Park by JetlagCity

Deception Pass State Park Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 105 photos

Rosario Beach & The Bridge

Deception Pass State Park is a lovely green area with a few small beaches, camping, and lots of picnic areas. The park is split in two - part is on the south end of Fidalgo Island, and part is on the north end of Whidbey Island. They're joined by the bridge spanning - what else - Deception Pass. I've actually only been to the bridge and the Fidalgo Island areas - one of these days we're going to have to check out the Whidbey Island side!

I'm so happy with how this shot of the bridge shadow turned out, I just had to put it here!

If you're ever in Seattle and feel the need to get out of the city for a day, this makes for a great daytrip. It's about an hour and a half or so north of Seattle, and gives you a refreshing dose of nature.

• In a nutshell:a great daytrip from Seattle
  • Last visit to Deception Pass State Park: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 2, 2004

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jun 11, 2005 at 9:09 AM

What a beautiful & relaxing place & close to you - loved the tree picture Happy travels

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 2:19 PM

That Maiden at Rosario Beach is a really bizarre thing isn't it! Doesn't strike me as the normal thing you would find in the USA, more of a European thing???

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2005 at 5:01 PM

A beautiful spot Jane! I love that photo of the madrona tree over the water and the old bridge looks pretty cool too!

• windsorgirl's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 9:49 AM

You are lucky to live so close to such a beautiful spot. I love your opening photo, I'd be putting that one up on the wall! Thanks for visiting my Caye Caulker pages.

• EllenH's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2005 at 2:29 PM

I think I should go back here. When do the orioles play the Mariners?

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 5:17 PM

Great page on a not so well know but scenic location. :)

• Confucius's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 6:02 PM

Madrona tree bark looks to me like jigsaw puzzle pieces. It looks better in sunlight, as demonstrated in your fine photo.

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2004 at 5:43 PM

I've stood on that bridge and watched the small boats below trying to navigate the swift currents and tides. I need to get back to the San Juan Islands and this location, especially. A beautiful area of this country.

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2004 at 9:22 AM

An interesting place;-) Thanks!

• andy-g's Profile Photo
    Nov 19, 2004 at 7:09 AM

Very nice place and pictures. There are so many places we haven't ever heard about and are really worth a visit. World is so huge and beatiful. hi

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Deception Pass State Park

Have you been to Deception Pass State Park?

Latest Activity in Deception Pass State Park