"The Cannon Beach Coast" Top 5 Page for this destination Cannon Beach by JetlagCity

Cannon Beach Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 242 photos

Tidelands & Starfish

We visited Cannon Beach the weekend after 9/11/01, and I'm so glad we did. It provided some much appreciated respite from the world. Being in touch with nature was very comforting, especially right after the terrorist attacks on the U.S.

I love the colorful starfish here.

The town itself is small, about 1,500 people. It's right off Highway 101 on Oregon's Pacific coast, just northwest of Portland.

• Last visit to Cannon Beach: Sep 2001
  • Intro Updated Feb 6, 2005

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2005 at 8:47 AM

I love Cannon Beach, too. There used to be an art gallery, Valley Bronze, associated with the Valley Bronze art foundry in Joseph, but it moved to Astoria.

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo
    Jun 7, 2005 at 6:29 PM

what cool pictures!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 4:00 PM

You refreshed my great memories from my drive along Oregon coast... Haha, I even saw 1 whale, hmmm... very far in May. Did you catch the sunset there?

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 8:25 AM

You may be the new queen of off the beaten path favorites!

• JudyinPA's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 11:35 AM

Enjoyed the coastal drive and a town where we took a break to just enjoy the scenery and fellow tourists

• goingsolo's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 5:12 PM

I loved this town. One of my favorites along the OR Coast. Seeing your photos brought back some nice memories. Thanks for sharing!

• zrim's Profile Photo
    Oct 11, 2004 at 5:35 PM

I always thought Ecola was a strange name (sounds like a disease) but never connected it to whales. Cool.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2004 at 12:33 PM

Nice chest. And no sales tax to boot;-] Heading down for the day to this area, myself tomorrow.

• yooperprof's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2004 at 9:45 PM

Those Oregon coast monoliths (basalt?) are so peculiar! I wish I knew more about geology so I might understand them.

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Aug 3, 2004 at 5:46 PM

Love the big close-up photo on this page. Gorgeous. Ecola park looks tempting. I have always wanted to get to the Great NorthWest, and intend to do so before I'm 50. You're in a blessed part of the world.

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Cannon Beach

Have you been to Cannon Beach?

Latest Activity in Cannon Beach