"Cascade - Scenic Escape" Cascade by JetlagCity

Cascade Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 32 photos

Aaahhhh yessss... this is more like it

Cascade is a small town surrounded by beautiful landscape in west central Idaho. It's in a high mountain valley right next to the North Fork of the Payette River (named after a French fur trapper in the 1800's) and Lake Cascade, which is huge. This is a great scenic area for hiking or hanging out by the lake in summer, and for cross-country skiing or snow-shoeing in the winter.

The area isn't overdeveloped yet, and it's a great place to really get away from it all. I hope it stays that way. Cascade is 75 miles north of Boise on Highway 55, about an hour and a half drive.

• Pros:beautiful scenery
  • Cons:not a lot of restaurant variety
  • In a nutshell:a great place for outdoor recreation & relaxation
  • Last visit to Cascade: Sep 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 16, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Apr 17, 2007 at 7:59 PM

Idaho is so beautiful with all the mountains, lakes, & trees. I really enjoyed your Cascade photos & tips, especially the one about the natural hot springs that don't smell like sulfur ! Thanks for the virtual tour, Nancy : )

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Jun 5, 2005 at 3:54 PM

Amazing sceneries and pictures. Well, Idaho is high on my future list and Cascade is just added to my must see. Thanks for sharing!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2005 at 2:28 PM

A beautiful spot in which to commune with nature! This is a part of North America that I have got to seriously visit one of these days! Thanks for the page.

• ZanieOR's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2005 at 8:20 PM

Cascade is about the same size as my hometown. The lake looks like a great place to go camping and hang out.

• mrclay2000's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 3:01 PM

This is more my style, and reminds me I need to plan for a week in Olympic NP.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Apr 7, 2005 at 7:40 PM

Cascade Idaho looks great ,I love to visit Idaho some day A Roxy movie theather .I love these old movie theather and a Roxy seems to be everywhere including the town I grew up in the Netherlands Great page Jane

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 9:03 PM

I really wish Idaho was not so hard to get to from Texas! I had a great time up there, and this page reminds me of it!

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2005 at 9:03 AM

Great natural escape. "People here stop for pedestrians wanting to cross the street" - now, that's my kind of town ;) Great page, thanks for sharing.

• Mind&Soul_Travels's Profile Photo
    Jan 31, 2005 at 2:00 PM

It seems a very relaxing place!! I like your tips, they are very informative! Jane, i wanna see someting about Seattle please! And thanks for visiting my Turku page! Cheers! Stefano

• LoriPori's Profile Photo
    Jan 30, 2005 at 3:29 PM

MMM Idaho! One of the few states we've yet to visit. Cascade looks like a cute little town. Howdy's Gas & Grub -- good combination!

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Cascade

Have you been to Cascade?

Latest Activity in Cascade