"Cascade - Scenic Escape" Cascade by JetlagCity
Cascade Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 32 photos
Cascade is a small town surrounded by beautiful landscape in west central Idaho. It's in a high mountain valley right next to the North Fork of the Payette River (named after a French fur trapper in the 1800's) and Lake Cascade, which is huge. This is a great scenic area for hiking or hanging out by the lake in summer, and for cross-country skiing or snow-shoeing in the winter.
The area isn't overdeveloped yet, and it's a great place to really get away from it all. I hope it stays that way. Cascade is 75 miles north of Boise on Highway 55, about an hour and a half drive.
- Pros:beautiful scenery
- Cons:not a lot of restaurant variety
- In a nutshell:a great place for outdoor recreation & relaxation
Really all of Cascade is off the beaten path, but Roseberry is even more so. It's an old Finnish settlement from the... more travel advice
If you want to go fishing, stop by Tackle Tom's first for the fishing report. They have a board inside telling how the... more travel advice
JetlagCity's Related Pages
Cascade Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cascade - Scenic Escape"
- "Cascade, Idaho 83611"
- "The road to Cascade"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cascade
- 11 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cascade?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cascade
Photos in CascadeSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Cascade Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos