"My Home Away From Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Boise by JetlagCity
Boise Travel Guide: 139 reviews and 271 photos
I lived in Boise on and off for a total of ten years, and I still go back at least once a year to visit relatives here. Boise is right between the mountains on one side and the desert on the other. It’s a small capital city, rather lacking in diversity, of about 180,000 people. You can always tell who’s from here and who’s not by how they pronounce Boise: outsiders say Boy-zee, while those in the know say Boy-see.
Boise, like all of Idaho, is a great place to be for outdoor activities and recreation. Hiking, skiing, kayaking, mountain biking, and fishing places are all close by. The climate is very dry – about the opposite of where I live now (Seattle)!
Some of my photos here were taken mainly to have pictures of friends, rather than to document the place, but they’ll have to do. I decided to build this page anyway, since Boise is somewhat underrepresented on VT.
This picture was taken along the Snake River Canyon about an hour outside of Boise.
- Pros:outdoor recreation opportunities, dry climate
You'll probably first notice Table Rock because it has a huge cross on it that overlooks the city and is lit up at... more travel advice
Check out the thoroughbred and quarter-horse racing at Les Bois Park for something different and inexpensive to do in... more travel advice
JetlagCity's Related Pages
Boise Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Boise...City of trees according to the French."
- "My Home Away From Home"
- "Capitol with Emerging Identity"
- "Boise, Idaho.. more than potatos..."
- "Boise Idaho"
- "A Quick Trip to Boise"
- "Boise - Idaho's "Primate City""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Boise
- Hotels in Boise
- Transportation in Boise
- Nightlife in Boise
- Restaurants in Boise
- Shopping in Boise
- Warnings and Dangers in Boise
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Boise
- 15 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 32 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Boise?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Boise
Photos in BoiseSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Cascade Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (12)
Latest Boise hotel reviews
- Doubletree Hotel Boise Riverside
- 150 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Anniversary Inn Boise
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- J.J. Shaw House Bed and Breakfast Inn
- 8 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 8, 2010
- AmeriTel Inn Boise Towne Square
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2013
- The Grove Hotel
- 180 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 1, 2013
- Holiday Inn Boise Airport
- 134 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 2, 2013
- Best Western Vista Inn at the Airport
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 4, 2013
- Hampton Inn & Suites Boise Downtown
- 303 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 6, 2013
- Hotel 43
- 155 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 16, 2013