"Meersburg Off-Season" Top 5 Page for this destination Meersburg by JetlagCity

Meersburg Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 166 photos

Even on a rainy day in March, Meersburg held plenty of charm. I can see how this would be a wonderful place to hang out and relax in the summertime, with the views over Lake Constance. The town is surrounded by vineyards, and there's even a vineyard right in town on a steep slope, which I thought was really cool.

The Old Castle

The old castle looks quite evil and forboding in this gray winter picture! I've seen much more inviting photos of it on other people's pages : ) This was one of the first things we saw from the parking lot at the edge of town. From there we left our car to wander around the pedestrianized downtown.

• In a nutshell:very picturesque
  • Last visit to Meersburg: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Mar 12, 2005

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2005 at 3:18 PM

Quite a scenic spot perched on its hillside overlooking Lake Constance! Actually, I sort of like touring places like this just before the peak season starts (May?). However, I've a lot of ground to cover in Europe!!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2005 at 3:19 PM

Empty (in March), secret and charming town, I see. Thanks for sharing.

• Goner's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2004 at 8:34 PM

I missed this part of Germany - oh well, next time.

• Nov 17, 2004 at 10:52 PM

Meersburg is a really nice town. I personally prefer it in the off-season and go there often. Not as warm and sunny as during the South German summer, but hey, you've got the city for yourself (more or less)!

• Paul2001's Profile Photo
    Nov 5, 2004 at 4:47 PM

I liked the ferry ride on the lake too. The castle was one my favourites in Germany. Well done.

• rozehill's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2004 at 12:16 AM

What delightful photos you have here, unusual angles but quite sensational.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 16, 2004 at 6:12 PM

another lovely place I would like to visit again one day. May last stay there was 20 years ago...

• german_eagle's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 8:12 AM

Beautiful page. Yes, Meersburg is very charming, still more with nice summer weather :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 9:04 AM

Glad you liked Basilika Birnau. I agree it's outstanding. (Do try to go into the castle next time.)

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Aug 27, 2004 at 12:24 AM

What a charming place! Looking forward to exploring Germany one day : ))

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Meersburg

Have you been to Meersburg?

Latest Activity in Meersburg