"Southern Bohemia's Fairy Tale Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Cesky Krumlov by JetlagCity
Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide: 333 reviews and 957 photos
During the week we spent in Prague we took one daytrip south to the little medieval town of Cesky Krumlov, down by the Austrian border. It's a very charming village with lots of red roofs, in a countryside of rolling hills. Fall was a beautiful time to be here.
The big appeal of this town is how little it's changed over the centuries. Cobblestone streets, no street lights, etc. I think it would be a wonderfully relaxing place to stay for more than just a day, at least in the off-season.
The castle is its biggest attraction. This covered walkway connects part of the castle on one hill to the castle gardens on the next hill over.
- Pros:the castle & the picturesque, medieval setting
- Cons:takes awhile to get here
- In a nutshell:a fairy tale village
Like Prague, Cesky Krumlov has a church of St. Vitus. It's high up on a hill and is the second most dominant feature of... more travel advice
The walled castle gardens are the biggest part of the castle complex. Fountains with statues of water gods reside among... more travel advice
JetlagCity's Related Pages
Cesky Krumlov Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE FANTASTIC MEDIEVAL CITY OF CESKY KRUMLOV"
- "cesky krumlov bohemia"
- "Breathtaking Unesco World Heritage site!"
- "Southern Bohemia's Fairy Tale Village"
- "Cesky Krumlov, the Red Roof Town"
- "Cesky Krumlov: second only to Venice"
- "Cesky Krumlov"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cesky Krumlov
- Hotels in Cesky Krumlov
- Transportation in Cesky Krumlov
- Nightlife in Cesky Krumlov
- Restaurants in Cesky Krumlov
- Shopping in Cesky Krumlov
- Warnings and Dangers in Cesky Krumlov
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cesky Krumlov
- 10 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Cesky Krumlov?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cesky Krumlov
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: What happens when you..."
- updated a Cesky Krumlov Travel Page "Southern Bohemia's Fairy Tale Village"
- Commented on one of Krumlovgirl's Cesky Krumlov travel pages
- Wrote a Review Church of St. Vitus in Cesky Krumlov Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Church of St. Vitus"
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Cascade Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos