"I Miss Caye Caulker Already" Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker by JetlagCity

Caye Caulker Travel Guide: 482 reviews and 952 photos

Just got back from a week in Caye Caulker and loved it. Belize is still one of my favorite countries on earth! This island is more lively and a little more developed than I was expecting, but it's still very laid-back, too. The streets are still sand, and there are still no cars here, other than a delivery vehicle or two. Everyone is very easygoing - no cell phones, no rushing, no car alarms. It's a place where quality of life hasn't gotten confused with standard of living. I'm missing this kind of lifestyle already.

The snorkelling was great, just like on our first trip to Belize in 1996. Carribean water is so wonderfully warm, it's the only place I can swim or snorkel without feeling chilly. This shot of a spotted eagle ray was taken by my husband.

The weather was perfect, sunny and warm every day, but always with a refreshing breeze, so we never felt too hot.

The town on Caye Caulker is only about a mile long and a 1/4 mile wide. It's just on the brink of being overdeveloped - I hope it doesn't get ruined by development, like San Pedro did on nearby Ambergris Caye.

• Pros:easygoing lifestyle, gorgeous turquoise & mint green water
  • Cons:can't drink the tap water
  • In a nutshell:Take me back!
  • Last visit to Caye Caulker: Feb 2005
  • Intro Updated Mar 4, 2005

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2009 at 10:41 AM

Looks and sounds very attractive... Thanks!

• Jun 3, 2005 at 6:16 AM

What a fantastic place - and a great page! Wouldn't mind snorkelling with those sharks & stingrays...looks awesome! :o) ~Mette~

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2005 at 8:17 PM

What a great page !! Can imagine that you miss it already - we also had a lot of fun there, but years ago :-) Lovely pictures and tips, I think, I even remember the Sandy Bar :-)

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2005 at 1:12 PM

Fine photos and enthusiastic descriptions! Sounds like a great place for a vacation.

• starship's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 11:33 AM

Jane, what a great page! I love the story of the dolphin & manatee! We saw both too but your pictures put mine to shame. I have to build the page now--you've inspired me!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2005 at 4:51 PM

What a wonderful place to have a "laid back" (as you would say) vacation. Superior job! Helpful, interesting, colorful, personal, enticing. Underwater photos are great. Hotel and restaurant tips are outstanding. Loved it all.

• davequ's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2005 at 4:29 PM

Fun pages. I have to check out Belize someday next winter.

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2005 at 4:06 PM

Wonderful page, this sounds like our kind of place, laid back! Great photos and very helplful information, thanks :o)

• butterfly_girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 1:08 PM

Great photos of Caye Caulker...I went to this little piece of paradise once and really loved it...thanks for reminding me of how special it really is.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 9:59 AM

Caye Caulker looks like it is still the place to head. Amazing what a little distance of water can do to slow the pace of development;-]

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Caye Caulker

Have you been to Caye Caulker?

Latest Activity in Caye Caulker