"A Week in Baden-Wurttemberg" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg by JetlagCity

Land Baden-Württemberg Travel Guide: 6,405 reviews and 23,299 photos

For the first time in my life I knew someone to visit overseas! The stars aligned for this trip, instead of me having to make it happen!

My sister Stephanie was working in Southwestern Germany for six months, thanks to her company's merger with a German company. She had also been to Germany on and off throughout the previous year, enough time to acquire a German boyfriend whom I promptly nicknamed "The Wolfman". So naturally I just had to go visit her over there. Our cousin Brenda joined us, too, for her first trip to Europe ever! Brenda kept us laughing and smiling : )

We were very fortunate indeed to have The Wolfman showing us around, not to mention translating menus! It was a very special treat to have a local tell us about his region of Germany. And who knows, it looks like love is in the air, maybe I'll end up with a German in-law someday???? Update in 2006 - he has indeed become my brother-in-law! : )

Brenda and I flew into Stuttgart, the biggest city in this part of Germany, but for the most part we looked around the smaller towns, which was a nice change of pace for me.

We had two days of snowfall in the far south of the region. Brenda didn't think too much of it, coming from Wisconsin, but I enjoyed it and thought it was very pretty! We don't get much snow in Seattle!

• In a nutshell:ein wunderbares land
  • Last visit to Land Baden-Württemberg: Mar 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 31, 2009

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2014 at 6:41 AM

Some very nice tips here! Thanks for sharing.

• ATXtraveler's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2008 at 6:40 AM

Das ist sehr Schon. Viele Danke.

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2007 at 5:01 PM

Thanks for the tip on Peter Lenk's Sculpture Gardens - Where I live in "Barking Town", the authorities have spent a fortune on some excellent and frankly some not too good public sculpture

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2005 at 8:48 AM

Jane, a fantastic page on this part of Germany! It definitely looks like my sort of territory, with lots of interesting things to see and do. Beautiful photos!!

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Apr 13, 2005 at 10:00 PM

Very nice page Jane ,Germany is a great country we will go through southern Germany this summer on way to Prague . Your pictures are very nice I loved the Cuckoo clocks ,we have one lik e that at home . Cuckoo cuckoo haha they are COOl

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 17, 2005 at 2:35 PM

Right, it's very picturesque part of Germany. I saw those trees in Geneva, Switzerland... Great tips and very good suggestions.

• easyoar's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2005 at 4:03 PM

Some really beautiful photos! I couldn't work out that Peter Lenk's Sculpture Garden thing at all? Any ideas? Lovely page!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2005 at 6:46 PM

What a great place with so many castles, churches, Peter Lenk's sculptures, monastery turned to hunting lodge, and, of course, the clocks. Superior photos and helpful text that's interesting to read.

• chodearm's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2005 at 9:23 AM

This reminds me of my romps through Bavaria. I love your page about a place I hold strong in my heart.

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Jan 24, 2005 at 10:16 AM

you've been to Tubingen!! I'm envious, it's my dream

JetlagCity

“So many places, so little vacation time!”

Badges & Stats in Land Baden-Württemberg

Have you been to Land Baden-Württemberg?