"A Week in Baden-Wurttemberg" Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg by JetlagCity
Land Baden-Württemberg Travel Guide: 6,493 reviews and 23,693 photos
For the first time in my life I knew someone to visit overseas! The stars aligned for this trip, instead of me having to make it happen!
My sister Stephanie was working in Southwestern Germany for six months, thanks to her company's merger with a German company. She had also been to Germany on and off throughout the previous year, enough time to acquire a German boyfriend whom I promptly nicknamed "The Wolfman". So naturally I just had to go visit her over there. Our cousin Brenda joined us, too, for her first trip to Europe ever! Brenda kept us laughing and smiling : )
We were very fortunate indeed to have The Wolfman showing us around, not to mention translating menus! It was a very special treat to have a local tell us about his region of Germany. And who knows, it looks like love is in the air, maybe I'll end up with a German in-law someday???? Update in 2006 - he has indeed become my brother-in-law! : )
Brenda and I flew into Stuttgart, the biggest city in this part of Germany, but for the most part we looked around the smaller towns, which was a nice change of pace for me.
We had two days of snowfall in the far south of the region. Brenda didn't think too much of it, coming from Wisconsin, but I enjoyed it and thought it was very pretty! We don't get much snow in Seattle!
- In a nutshell:ein wunderbares land
Hohenzollern looks just like a storybook castle, crowning a high hill out in the countryside where you can see it for... more travel advice
This is one of the oldest churches in Germany, possibly the very oldest. It was built in the late 800's (!), and has... more travel advice
JetlagCity's Related Pages
Land Baden-Württemberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Week in Baden-Wurttemberg"
- "A few days spent in the forest"
- "Alemannic Fastnacht - Carnival of the South West"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Land Baden-Württemberg
- Hotels in Land Baden-Württemberg
- Transportation in Land Baden-Württemberg
- Nightlife in Land Baden-Württemberg
- Restaurants in Land Baden-Württemberg
- Shopping in Land Baden-Württemberg
- Warnings and Dangers in Land Baden-Württemberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Land Baden-Württemberg
- 37 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (24)
Have you been to Land Baden-Württemberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Land Baden-Württemberg
- updated a Land Baden-Württemberg Travel Page "A Week in Baden-Wurttemberg"
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "RE: RE: What happens when you..."
- Commented on one of DanielF's Land Baden-Württemberg travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "St. George Church on Reichenau Island"
- Wrote a Review Hohenzollern Castle in Land Baden-Württemberg Things to Do
Photos in Land Baden-WürttembergSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Venice Intro, 36 reviews, 59 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Caye Caulker Intro, 25 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Hawaii (Big Island) Intro, 14 reviews, 34 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boise Intro, 15 reviews, 19 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Land Baden-Württemberg Intro, 12 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Amsterdam Intro, 13 reviews, 18 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 13 reviews, 15 photos
- Cascade Intro, 11 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mazatlán Intro, 10 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belize City Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos