"Whistler, British Columbia" Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler by peach93

Whistler Travel Guide: 284 reviews and 632 photos

Mountain Luxuries: A Ski Resort in Summer

Traveling to Whistler took almost 13 hours when you consider the flight to Vancouver and then the 3 hour drive through the Coastal Mountains from there. When we landed in Vancouver I honestly couldn't have cared less about anything I was so tired, and to top it off we had to ride to Whistler with a bunch of people from my husband's company whom I had never met (and who, no offense meant here, were from southern California and would not shut up.)

When we finally arrived in Whistler it didn't take me very long realize that the place was well worth what we had gone through to get there. The town itself was prisitine as could be; everywhere you turned looked like a picture from a postcard. The shops and restaurants downtown were all charming and there were loads and loads of cool things to do; even in the summer this was true considering it is primarily a ski town. (Also, my attitude was helped along some by the champagne reception Rob's company was throwing when we arrived.)

As you may have guessed, our trip to Whistler was sponsored by the company that my husband worked for at the time and I have to say that they spared no expense to insure that all of us had a great time. One of the cool things that we did was to ride the ski lift to the summit of Mt. Blackcomb to have dinner served to us in the lodge at sunset. There were mountains as far as the eye could see in every direction and the elevation was so high that there was snow on the ground in July. I hated the ski lifts, but the edge was taken off a bit with the cocktails they served at the lift change half-way up the mountian. Not too shabby.

• Last visit to Whistler: Jul 2001
  • Intro Updated Aug 25, 2004

Badges & Stats in Whistler

Have you been to Whistler?