"Whistler, British Columbia" Top 5 Page for this destination Whistler by peach93
Whistler Travel Guide: 294 reviews and 668 photos
Traveling to Whistler took almost 13 hours when you consider the flight to Vancouver and then the 3 hour drive through the Coastal Mountains from there. When we landed in Vancouver I honestly couldn't have cared less about anything I was so tired, and to top it off we had to ride to Whistler with a bunch of people from my husband's company whom I had never met (and who, no offense meant here, were from southern California and would not shut up.)
When we finally arrived in Whistler it didn't take me very long realize that the place was well worth what we had gone through to get there. The town itself was prisitine as could be; everywhere you turned looked like a picture from a postcard. The shops and restaurants downtown were all charming and there were loads and loads of cool things to do; even in the summer this was true considering it is primarily a ski town. (Also, my attitude was helped along some by the champagne reception Rob's company was throwing when we arrived.)
As you may have guessed, our trip to Whistler was sponsored by the company that my husband worked for at the time and I have to say that they spared no expense to insure that all of us had a great time. One of the cool things that we did was to ride the ski lift to the summit of Mt. Blackcomb to have dinner served to us in the lodge at sunset. There were mountains as far as the eye could see in every direction and the elevation was so high that there was snow on the ground in July. I hated the ski lifts, but the edge was taken off a bit with the cocktails they served at the lift change half-way up the mountian. Not too shabby.
When we were in Whistler in July it was generally in the high 60's (F) and the one day it got into the mid 70's all... more travel advice
Mt. Blackcomb is the big ski mountain in Whistler. It is about 2500 meters high. Though we were there in July we still... more travel advice
peach93's Related Pages
Whistler Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Australia, North"
- "2010 Olympics Coming Soon!!!"
- "WHAT A FANTASTIC WINTER RESORT!"
- "Too Brief a Stay"
- "Whistler, British Columbia"
- "EXPENSIVE WHISTLER"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Whistler
- Hotels in Whistler
- Transportation in Whistler
- Nightlife in Whistler
- Restaurants in Whistler
- Shopping in Whistler
- Warnings and Dangers in Whistler
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Whistler
- 5 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 9 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
Have you been to Whistler?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whistler
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lowell Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue