"Home of the September 21-23 VT Meeting!" Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth by peach93

Portsmouth Travel Guide: 268 reviews and 1,307 photos

Well, you guys have shamed me into it. I couldn't go on any longer without posting SOME sort of info. on Portsmouth. As you know, it is on New Hampshire's seaoast, which is the smallest seacoast of any state in the U.S. The city itself is quite small, and full of lovely historic buildings. Portsmouth is full of great shops and boutiques, cafes and restaurants. It is also home to a working harbor, which is very picturesque.

The main photo here is of Market Street. It is one of the downtown's main streets.

I will be adding to this page as often as I can to provide you with as much info as possible.

Tugboats like these are a common sight in the harbor.

This bridge spans the Portsmouth Harbor. On one side of the bridge is New Hampshire and the other Maine. The middle of the bridge between the two towers lifts to allow large ships to pass.

• Pros:Close to Boston and Maine.
  • Last visit to Portsmouth: Jun 2007
  • Intro Updated Jan 31, 2008

• hunterV's Profile Photo
    Apr 18, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Hi, Emilie-Noelle! Thanks for your story! ><><><

• Tom_In_Madison's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2008 at 10:58 AM

Man, I found myself hummming a song today, and then I realized it was the 'A Noun is a person, ...' song. Thanks! arrghhh!

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2008 at 2:36 PM

Love Portsmouth and the food . Nice pages!!

• Mar 21, 2008 at 12:34 PM

I use to travel to Portsmouth quite regularly for punk & ska shows. I haven't been there since I was roughly 17, so I was rather happy reading this page.

• Pawtuxet's Profile Photo
    Mar 6, 2008 at 5:49 AM

Dropping by to see your pics of all the VT cruisin fools. :-) Wish I could have been there with you. PS... thanks for dropping by to see the new travelogue.

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2008 at 1:21 PM

I've been SUCH a lazy bones with VT lately. I'll fix it soon! Promise!

• raytor's Profile Photo
    Dec 8, 2007 at 7:19 AM

Well, there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am headed to Utah to see my son for the first time in 8 months as we speak.

• diosh's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2007 at 9:35 AM

Great pics- you must've had such a good time.It's nice to put bodies to faces:-)xx.p.s. you daft lot with your VAs!

• MikeySoft's Profile Photo
    Nov 1, 2007 at 9:33 AM

Thanks, I also wish I was able to make the NH VT meet. It only an hour away from tewksbury but I was unable to make it.

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Oct 18, 2007 at 12:57 AM

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!! Great pics! Gillybob greetings.

Badges & Stats in Portsmouth

Have you been to Portsmouth?

Latest Activity in Portsmouth