"A Beautiful Place by the Sea" Top 5 Page for this destination Ogunquit by peach93
Ogunquit Travel Guide: 99 reviews and 155 photos
Located on the southern coast of Maine, the name Ogunquit means "a beautiful place by the sea" in the language of the local Native Americans. With one of the best beaches in northern New England, the town is situated right between Wells and York, and is probably the nicest of the three, attracting many visitors from Quebec, Canada and from throughout the U.S.
One of my favorite things about Ogunquit is its old-fashioned feel. There are no chain stores, restaurants or hotels. Everything is privately owned. More often than not people walk rather than drive. Life seems to go at a much slower pace here, and not necessarily because it attracts a lot of vacationers. I'm pretty sure that this is just the way the town is.
The other great thing about Ogunquit, besides the beach, is the food. For such a small town they have a pretty big variety of gourmet restaurants and upscale bistros, and of course there's lobster. Some of the best lobster pounds in southern Maine are found here.
- Pros:Beautiful beach, great food, nice atmosphere
- Cons:Most things are closed in winter, expensive parking
On the far side of the town of Ogunquit, all the way down at the end of Shore Road, lies a pretty little village called... more travel advice
Oh man. This place is located across from where we stayed so of course we ended up going in. To be fair there really... more travel advice
peach93's Related Pages
Ogunquit Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Beautiful Place by the Sea"
- "RhondaRuth's Ogunquit Page"
- "Beautiful place by the sea"
- "Art Community in Southern Maine"
- "Ogunquit area weekend"
- "Kay_C's new Ogunquit Page"
- "Ogunquit , ME...a small quaint town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ogunquit
- Hotels in Ogunquit
- Transportation in Ogunquit
- Nightlife in Ogunquit
- Restaurants in Ogunquit
- Shopping in Ogunquit
- Warnings and Dangers in Ogunquit
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ogunquit
- 15 Reviews
- 30 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Ogunquit?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ogunquit
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans Intro, 42 reviews, 52 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lowell Intro, 36 reviews, 40 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Reykjavík Intro, 32 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Portsmouth Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 5 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 19 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 39 photos, 1 travelogue
- Philadelphia Intro, 20 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tulum Intro, 16 reviews, 32 photos, 3 travelogues
- Washington D.C. Intro, 23 reviews, 24 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bar Harbor Intro, 16 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue